The Girl in the Fireplace Part One

The gang took a few days to spend some time together before finally deciding that it was time to show Mickey the universe. Not knowing what to expect on this adventure, Amora decided to dress comfy and dressed in shorts and a simple silk white tank top. She paired it with the gloves Rose gave her for Christmas and boots that the Tardis provided her. She made sure to check with Rose for fashion approval before leaving the Tardis once they landed, the Doctor and Rose were a bit worried that she would get cold, but she reassured them that she wore less clothes on Fraitaro and that she was fine. 

"It's a spaceship. Brilliant! I got a spaceship on my first go." Mickey said excitedly as he left the Tardis. He couldn't stop looking around, hoping to catch sight of something interesting though was disappointed to see that there were only trash and pieces of ship equipment scattered around.

"It looks kind of abandoned. Anyone on board?" Rose asked the Doctor as she and Amora looked around.

The Doctor took his own look around the ship and shook his head. "Nah, nothing here. Well, nothing dangerous." He told them confidently. His confidence however was quickly depleting when they all shot him a look.

"Well, not that dangerous." He said sheepishly, putting his hands in his pockets.

Amora just shook her head at him as Rose and Mickey continued giving him a look of judgement, causing him to nod his head." You know what, I'll just have a quick scan, in case there's anything dangerous." he told them, rushing over to the ships dashboard to look at the scanner, finding out as much information as he could.

"So, what's the date? How far have we gone?" Amora questioned the Doctor as she observed the mess around them.

"About three thousand years into your guy's future, give or take." The Doctor explained as he continued to work on the ship's console. He found the light switch on a console, causing the ceiling to open, showing the stars. Mickey raced over to look at the view, his face pressed against the glass.

"51st century. Diagmar Cluster, you're a long way from home, Mickey. Two and a half galaxies." The Doctor said, giving the man a small smile.

Rose and Amora join Mickey's side, pleased and excited smiles on their faces."Mickey Smith, meet the universe. See anything you like?" Rose asked him with a smile, also looking at the view with much glee.

"It's so realistic!" Mickey exclaimed excitedly to her.

"I would hope so." Amora said with a laugh. She enjoyed Mickey's reaction; it was great that he was not freaking out and just letting himself enjoy the trip." What a gorgeous view." Amora said with a happy sigh as she looked at the stars that were so different from the ones that she used to watch on Fraitaro.

"Dear me, had some cowboys in here. Got a ton of repair work going on. Now that's odd. Look at that. All the warp engines are going. Full capacity. There's enough power running through this ship to punch a hole in the universe, but we're not moving. So, where's all that power going?" The Doctor questioned out loud.

"Where'd all the crew go?" Amora asked him, confused as no one came to greet them. The place was empty and a mess as well; she was getting quite worried as she wanted Mickey's first official trip to be memorable and fun.

"Good question. No life readings on board." The Doctor informed them as he checked over the life readings on the scanner.

"Well, we're in deep space. They didn't just nip out for a quick fag." Rose joked.

"No, I've checked all the smoking pods. Can you smell that?" The Doctor questioned, not realizing that Rose had a joking tone. He was too busy being curious about their situation.