Part Three

The Doctor and Mickey left the two girls to look for the passage that would lead to Reinette's thirty-seventh birthday. Rose and Amora enter Reinette room, trying to look for her so that they could warn her for what is to come, Reinette looked at them in surprise. She would have thought that Amora and the Doctor would come not Amora and their blonde friend, but she did not mind as she was glad to see the brunette again. Reinette rushed to Amora's side, pulling her into an embrace that the brunette was glad to accept. 

"Madame de Pompadour. Please, don't scream or anything. We haven't got a lot of time. We've come to warn you that they'll be here in five years." Rose warned Reinette once her and Amora pulled away from each other.

"Five years?" Reinette repeated to make sure. Amora nodded grimly, not enjoying how long Reinette would be unprotected from the droids. Constant thoughts and worries crossed her mind, making it difficult for her to stand still. 

"Some time after your thirty seventh birthday. I er, I can't give you an exact date. It's a bit random. But they're coming. It's going to happen. In a way, for us, it's already happening. I'm sorry, it's hard to explain. The Doctor does this better." Amora said, feeling bad that there wasn't much for her to say to comfort the blonde; she wished that she knew the right words to say at the moment, but she couldn't because of the storm of emotions that were brewing inside her. 

"Then be exact, and I will be attentive." Reinette said with her head lifted high, taking a step forward to where they had come from.

"There isn't time." Amora said, trying to head back to the fireplace. She knew that if they stayed any longer, she might slip and say something. Rose was waiting by the fireplace, urging them to leave so that they could go back to the Doctor and Mickey; though she also wanted to separate Amora and Reinette, not liking how close the two were. 

"There are five years." Reinette said, a bit confused at their haste to leave.

"For you. We haven't even got five minutes." Rose said to her, letting out an exasperated sigh.

"Then also be concise." Reinette said to the blonde.

"Er, there's, say, a vessel, a ship, a sort of sky ship, and it's full of, well, you. Different bits of your life in different rooms, all jumbled up. I told you it was complicated. Sorry." Rose tried to explain to her.

"There is a vessel in your world where the days of my life are pressed together like the chapters of a book, so that she and him may step from one to the other without increase of age while I, weary traveler, must always take the slower path." Reinette said, causing them to be shocked that she got it right. 

Amora gave her a wink and a big smile, feeling proud of Reinette. "Good girl." Amora praised Reinette, who returned the smile with pride and accomplishment. 

"She was right about you." Rose said with a smile. No wonder Amora liked the blonde so much, though something did turn in her stomach as she saw the looks and smiles, they were giving each other. It reminded her of the looks and smiles that Amora and the Doctor gave each other when they thought no one was looking at them. 

"So, in five years these creatures will return. What can be done?" Reinette asked them.

"The Doctor and I came up with a plan so do not worry. When they come make sure to keep them talking until we arrive. They're still programmed to respond to you. You won't be able to stop them for getting to you, but you might be able to delay them a bit until we can get there." Amora told her.

"He's coming, then?" Reinette said surprised that the Doctor would risk his life for her.

"He promises." Amora said with a nod. The Doctor wouldn't just leave Reinette to deal with all of this herself.