08

"Nice to meet you Y/n, My name is Francis, thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to meet with me today" 

My nerves are palpable as I fidgeted in my seat. As we shook hands, our steaming cups of coffee sat between us providing a comforting distraction from the blustery weather outside. 

Francis leaned back in his chair and took a leisurely sip from his beverage before addressing me once more. 

"I must apologize for not explaining the situation at our restaurant when I called you a few days ago." He paused momentarily before continuing with an air of detail-orientedness that was impressive. "You see Y/n, there are some intricacies involved in this project that require precise attention." 

As he spoke, I couldn't help but take note of how well-groomed Francis appeared - especially his beard which gave him an air of nobility and sophistication - while also admiring his deep-set eyes which seemed filled with both wisdom and kindness.

He is dressed nobly and delicately, adorned in a meticulously pressed suit with exquisite attention to detail. A well-folded brown handkerchief tucked inside his jacket pocket serves as an indication of his professionalism and refined taste. 

His movements are graceful yet strong-willed while he speaks, exhibiting not only refinement but also exceptional skill in his craft. 

His gestures are precise and deliberate, reflecting the depth of knowledge that he possesses. 

Being from my home country adds another layer of comfort to the already calm atmosphere during our job interview. With this dignified gentleman before me, I feel confident that any collaboration between us could be both successful and prosperous.

"Y/n you are very young, I'm not sure about your capabilities or previous experience, but it doesn't matter to me. Our team is open to newcomers and we provide excellent training," he said kindly, fidgeting the already-finished coffee in his hand.

"I am grateful for this opportunity. My resume reflects my premature work experiences from part-time jobs starting from middle school to a long-term full-time position in catering at a hotel, I believe that I possess the skills you are looking for. Additionally, I have a keen interest in learning and advancing within this industry."

 Despite being among the top students in my classes until the end of high school, I've never been inclined toward studying at university. Instead, physical activities always appealed to me more and I didn't want to spend years learning something that could be mastered in a few months. 

Francis expresses their approval on hearing this and says that my experience is sufficient for their needs as they require a chef who will soon undergo training for their authentic restaurant where all dishes are common from our country, making it easy for me to adapt.

"You can begin this Saturday, I will provide you with the restaurant information and schedule," he declared as his firm grip lingered during our final handshake. 

Recalling those words, I felt a sense of happiness wash over me - it was almost too easy to read how eager my boss was for me to start. 

Following Lisa's successful job search, I searched tirelessly every day without any responses despite venturing alone into various establishments and distributing my CVs. The mere thought of doing so felt dauntingly frightening and lonely.

Yet now on my way home, joy fills me knowing that not only do I have a new job but also feel lighter in spirit.

I feel happy, but then anxiety creeps in as I return home. Upon entering the living room, I notice my roommates huddled together, all focused on something in the kitchen and ignoring me.

 "Hey ladies, I'm back," I greet them with a forced smile. 

"Welcome home Y/n. We've got an issue," one of them informs me. "The washing machine is out of order," adds another member of our household. 

As they turn towards me to explain further, my irritation starts to rise. 

"What? How did it break?" Despite trying to keep composed about this unexpected expense for repairs - not to mention that today was supposed to be my laundry day and now there's no way around it - my mind is racing with frustration over the situation at hand.

As I step into my room, I try to remain calm and collected. However, as soon as the door shuts behind me, a surge of emotions overwhelms me completely.

 My heart races and my breaths become shallow - I'm clearly scared and nervous about what's next. 

"Okay Y/n," I tell myself in an attempt to calm down. "You've tackled one big hurdle already by finding a job. You're strong enough to handle this challenge too! Don't let your accommodation get the better of you now that you've come so far." 

Despite these words of encouragement, various feelings such as anger, fearfulness, anxiety, and melancholy flood over me all at once. I inhale deeply before holding it for some time and then slowly exhaling; releasing not just air from my lungs but also some weight off my chest simultaneously. 

"Next goal: find a new house"