3 « Blue Hour »

Y/N's jaw dropped as she heard her father. Going to Hawaii today? That hadn't been the plan at all!

"What?" she cried out. "T-That's not what we agreed—"

"Neither is you playing heroes with Sonic," Maddie reminded her.

"I—" the girl started but cut herself off.

Her mother was absolutely right. She herself had broken a promise made to them and now they were doing the same for her. This was completely different from the previous times her and Sonic had gotten caught. The last two times she had only gotten a stern talking to, followed by her apologizing and promising to stop as well as some form of light punishment but this was on a whole different level. This was... It was... Indescribable!

Her gaze flickered between her parents. "Can't we do something else?" she asked, trying to think of any other form of punishment. "What if I clean the entire house for the rest of the year? Or, I'll—"

"No," Tom said before she could even suggest anything more. "There's a reason we chose to do this."

Y/N stared at him in disbelief. "But I..." she started. The look on her parents' faces forced her to stop. There would be no wavering that decision. At least not with her current resume. Ashamed, she looked away from the two, her mouth in a thin line.

A stain in the concrete floor took her attention. This weekend had been something she had been looking forward to for months. It would be the first time in ages that her parents would be gone for a whole day —not to mention the whole going to Hawaii -aspect as well. Who could have thought that going to Hawaii for an extra day could be considered a punishment? Though... that part wasn't only a negative for her.

She sighed, her gaze down and her mouth in a thin line. "Sorry for ruining your vacation," she said, glancing between the two. No idea if this'll work but I already started so might as well try. She looked down, sighing. "I just know you two were looking for some quiet alone time and—"

"Y/N, I know what you're trying to do," Tom told her sternly.

Damnit! Y/N cursed in her mind, and looked away.

Maddie looked at the girl and glanced at her husband who in turn glanced at her. While she did agree that some sort of punishment was due because of all the times she had broken promises, she did have some thoughts about this particular form of punishment.

Maddie leaned closer to her husband and whispered something. Tom turned to her surprised, to which she only raised her eyebrows as if to make a point. The two looked at Y/N and then one another, the girl left wondering what was going on as they turned around and quietly discussed something. She could hear their hushed voices but could hardly make out a single word before they turned back to her. Y/N's gaze bounced between her parents, her teeth biting against the inside of her lip as she waited for the outcome.

"Alright. We've come to a new conclusion," said Maddie.

Tom glanced between his wife and his daughter. "You get an hour."

Y/N's jaw fell for a second time on such short notice. "An hour?" she echoed upset "We can't even watch a movie in an hour!"

"Well it's all you're getting," Tom said.

"Otherwise you're ready to come with us," Maddie added, motioning for the suitcases.

The girl quickly shook her head. An hour wasn't much but it was something. No way she would throw that out right away. "An hour. That's good."

"Good," Tom nodded and walked off to grab two of the suitcases. "We better get packing," he said to his wife and then glanced at his daughter, "You should too."