10 « Loser »

Years of photographing animals had taught Y/N something she found herself thinking a lot when taking pictures of people. The best kind of models were those who were unaware. When you point a camera at an animal, it continues acting naturally, doing whatever it normally would. However, when a human is greeted by a camera, they start posing. Suddenly they're aware of the smallest of things, how their mouth looks, how their hair is, how their hands are positioned and the list goes on. In her eyes, that made them look fake. Unnatural. Humans, like animals, are best when caught unaware.

Beyond the canopy dressed in blushing flowers, the ocean glistened in the sun creating a most wonderful backdrop for the event. The surrounding trees with their large green leaves complimented the flowers above the blues of the sea, the shadows they casted nicely softening the blow of the sun. It was the most perfect frame for the ceremony on that early afternoon.

Beneath the canopy stood Rachel and Randall, and to just about anyone it was a rather simple sight of two people excitedly officiating their union. Sure, everyone took notice of the surrounding scenery, how the flowers and their colors complimented the scenery and the way the ocean touched the sky behind the couple, but for the girl operating the camera and dawning a lavender jumpsuit it was much more than that.

As she looked at the scene through the tiny frame surrounded by darkness, each of the details, from the large shadows cast by the leaves to smallest of imperfections on the wooden frame of the canopy was factored. How the sunlight complimented Rachel's dress, and how her smile didn't end with her mouth. It didn't even end at her eyes as many would believe. In fact, it could be seen all the way down at her fingertips in the way she held the bouquet of flowers. They were relaxed, but every few moments there would be the slightest of twitches, one Y/N knew to be of excitement mixed with nervousness. Similarly, the man opposite of his soon to be wife would lean his weight just the teensiest bit to the left. A sight of nervousness impossible to notice for just about anyone, even if they were looking for it.

In the small frame all these details were perfectly captured in harmony, the colors complementing one another, the weight of the scenery in just the right balance with the main focus. There was so much to take in in that simple sight, and to ensure all of it was molded to the perfect piece, Y/N worked rapidly, taking picture after picture, and at just the right moments when they weren't expecting it, securing that perfect, pure and raw depiction of the moment.

As she slowly made her way from one side of the venue to the other, Jojo handed the couple their rings. A whirring from above made everyone turn their gazes to the sky, as above the ocean soared a red biplane with a large banner hanging behind it. Written on it were the words, 'Rachel & Randall 4eva,' in large bold letters. There were some 'Awws' and laughs from the guests who quickly began clapping as the plane passed by the venue.

Once the plane was away, the pastor spoke, "These rings signify the—" His smile faltered, as did Rachel and Randall's, not to mention nearly all of the guests.

A ringtone blasted from the middle of the audience, and everyone present turned to the person responsible. The man himself seemed completely oblivious to what was happening the first couple of seconds, and it was only as his gaze met Rachel's furious one that he reached into his pocket, the situation dawning on him. "Sorry," Tom laughed awkwardly as he muted the call and quickly put his phone away. "Thought it was on silent."

There were glares thrown Tom's way, but in a matter of seconds everything was back as it should have been.

"These rings—" the pastor began again, but the phone began ringing yet again. Guests scoffed as they glared at Tom digging out his phone.

"So help me, Thomas!" Rachel shouted.

"I... I don't," Tom stammered as he got his phone. His brows furrowed as he saw the message he had received. He quickly apologized to everyone present and got up, claiming there was an emergency.