4 « Oceanic Feeling »

As the golden glow of the portal vanished, Y/N was left gazing at the blue infinity before her. A couple of white clouds drifted against the azure sky, the darker blue of the ocean fading into a beautiful teal in the oceanfront lagoon. Palm trees fringed the crescent of white sand, their large leaves casting shadows on the ground.

The scenery was captivating, picturesque, but Y/N would have to leave it for later. Now she needed to find her parents. There was no telling what kind of punishment she'd have to endure if she failed to meet the deadline of the hour. She turned away from the ocean, and was greeted by a towering white building in the distance. Filled with balconies overlooking the ocean, there was no doubt this was the hotel she would be staying for the next couple of days.

Heading off the grassy patch she had arrived on, she took off along a winding pathway lined with planters that seemed to lead towards the hotel. The sweet aroma of the flowers blooming spiraled in her nostrils as she strolled in the dazzling sunlight. Closer to the hotel, the path became wider, and soon it was no longer a path at all. Tourists with grilled skin and wearing carefree clothing were heading to different directions as Y/N walked past a circular pool lined with tables under giant parasols. She slowed her pace just enough to look around the people to try and see if there happened to be any faces she could recognize —mainly those she was looking for but really anyone would do— but naturally there was no one around she knew. Continuing past the busy terrace, she headed for the wide open doors of the hotel.

The girl looked around her in awe as she walked further into the building. The lobby was a large triangle, its ceiling all the way up at the top of the building where a giant skylight let in natural light. Having not traveled much in the past, she wondered if all hotels were like this and exactly what she was missing out on.

Once her momentary amazement had run its course, she turned her attention to the few people in the lobby in the hopes that she'd find her parents. The lobby would have made most sense for their meeting place as she had no idea about the room assignments or anything else really. But the few tourists walking through the lobby were not in fact her parents, and neither were the ones who came out the elevator, and not even the ones who just entered the building. Y/N looked around her in surprise, and fished out her phone to check if possibly her parents had tried to reach her, but there were no notifications from either of them. There was still a minute or so left before they were supposed to meet though, so maybe they were really waiting all the way to the end of the hour. She snapped a quick picture of the lobby as well as one of herself very clearly in the lobby and sent them to Tom, just to prove she had arrived on time if they were running late for whatever reason.

And running late they were.

First, the remaining minute had passed. Then another. Then another. Then five.

At the ten minute mark Y/N was done standing up. To her luck the lobby had some couches by a wall made of windows looking to the ocean. With a huff, she sat down on the closest one and sent a message to both her parents, inquiring about their whereabouts, only to receive nothing in return. After another five minutes of just sitting around, she chose to call them, again with no results.

"Okay what the heck"? she muttered, taking a glance at the empty lobby, before her gaze landed on the ocean behind the glass. Had they forgotten they were supposed to meet here? Or maybe something had happened. Though that really wouldn't have made sense, not to mention she didn't even want to consider the possibility of something bad happening to them. The option with the most chances of being the correct one was that they were doing something and couldn't get access to their phones... which in a way would have meant that they did indeed forget they were supposed to meet her.

Sighing, she turned back to her phone, sending a somewhat passive aggressive message to her father, and then just began scrolling through her apps to pass the minutes. Just scrolling and scrolling more and more and then—