8 « Friends »

The swinging came to a halt. Stopped were also the chants from the crowd. Both Sonic and Tails stared at the flames before them, the only sound they could hear being the crackles as the wood burned. Y/N finally managed to push through the people that were now much more relaxed. Seeing Sonic and Tails still "safely" in the hands of the two men gave her at least a second of relief. Whatever the fox had just said must have been something remarkable. Some of the people in the room repeated the word he had said, and a short but clearly effective conversation erupted. Sonic and Tails glanced at one another, and were suddenly turned around. They were taken away from the fire and placed on the floor.

In the crowd, looks were shared and soon everyone began turning around. People took steps back, leaving an open space from the two aliens and all the way up to the bar counter. Sitting on a stool at the counter was a bald man dressed in a burgundy satin jacket and matching pants. The jacket was adorned by a golden bear head that was wearing a crown. Below it was something written in cyrillic letters. He took a swig from his mug and placed it back on the counter. Turning his head, which revealed that he had a brown beard covering his chin, he looked over to Sonic and Tails and stood up from his seat. He walked a few steps closer to the pair before stopping. His eyes observed the two, like he was scanning them. Then, with no sort of indication as to what was happening, he said, "Da."

Y/N pushed past the people and walked over to Sonic and Tails. She looked at the man who had just agreed to something and glanced at Tails, saying, "What did you just tell 'em?"

The fox didn't get a chance to answer when the man shouted, "Pivonka!" —and loud cheers erupted in the crowd. Seeing the patrons as riled up as they were terrified both the fox and the girl.

Sonic was confused as well. He watched the crowd rejoice and said, "Tails, what's a 'pivonka?'"

Tails looked at his device and read out loud, "It's a Siberian custom to resolve disputes. We win, they let us go. If we lose..." He turned to look at the fireplace, telling Sonic exactly what was awaiting them.

"What exactly do we have to win?" asked Y/N, her gaze on the dancing flames.

People in the room were loudly chatting as they got the room ready for whatever was about to go down. Tables and chairs were being moved to the sides, leaving the middle of the room open.

"Okay, we have to grab the map and get outta here," Sonic said as he saw what was going on. "Ugh, where's the map?"

"Oh no. I left it on the table!" Tails realized. He pointed over to the table that was being carried away. "Look!" There, the map was grabbed by the waitress along with empty dishes.

Whatever the people were setting up for was ready. The crowd moved to the room's sides, leaving the floor open. Y/N looked around the excited faces everywhere and said, "I don't like this."

Just then, the tracksuit wearing man walked through the crowd. Opening his jacket, he threw it off of him, revealing his toned upper body. Oddly enough, on his chest happened to be a tattoo of himself, doing the same exact pose which was him standing straight with his hands extended to his sides. The people in the room were clapping and cheering as the man puffed his chest out and looked at the two aliens.

"What?" asked Sonic, completely baffled by the situation unfolding around him.

Clapping and cheering was the only thing that could be heard in the room. It really was like a wild concert was about to take place and the singer or band would soon be appearing. Y/N gulped as she observed the people in the circle. "Everyone's so excited! I'm scared," she whispered.

Many of the people began clapping in the same pace, and suddenly the bearded man clapped as well. He slapped his hands against his chest and looked over to the corner of the room where a band was situated. One of the band members began playing a harmonica and the other members followed in suit. As the opening notes of whatever song they were about to play could be heard, the bearded man began doing movements with his arms and legs. He clapped together, slapped against his chest again, slapped the back of his foot, his arm and then the music became faster.