Chapter 12 : jealousy

Two days had passed and after the marking, my heat dissipated.

   By the time I woke up, Nathan had already left..

   And lately, we coincidentally bump into each other, and it’s also happening right now.

   "Oh, what coincidence.. Andrew could you pass that stock of paper over there?" Nathan smiled at me like he always does.. Was he always like this? I remembered the game portrayed his awfully bad personality that improved for the sake of the heroine.

    His words and attitude was like a cold ice blades. But when he met the heroine, it's like.. he melted.

   "Here you go" After I handed out the papers, I left the room, I tried to avoid him as much as possible but he always caught me and left the coincidence as an excuse.

     'He didn't follow me did he..?'

   "Nope, I don't think so~"

    'Well look who's finnaly awake..'

    "Mhm."

   'We just got marked Anne! What's with a MHM!?'

   "Chill, it’s just a temporary mark, it'll go away soon."

   'Then what to do if my heat arrived again..!'

   "Ah, we have suppressants at home, you didn't bring one..?"

   'How would I know we have that!'

   "Chill, An An.. Didn't your system inform you of anything??"

   I looked at the hallway dumfounded and blank.

   After a while the silent broke by the ring, a voice call screen appeared out of nowhere and vibrated as it floats.

   "Answer it.."

   I pressed the green button and dragged it to the right, answering the call.

    [Andrew, is it?]

   A deep voice of a woman gave off a majestic atmosphere, the aura of someone above, unreachable and unimaginable strength.

   At that time I was speechless, I felt a strong urge to follow the voice unconditionally.

   [Mortal, hear me. You whom have been bestowed authority by my child, carries the fate of this world. The end approaches as time passes by, Await my oracle, by then, you must choose. Follow me.]

   [Or, oppose me.]

   My face gradually paled, I peeked at the window, slowly approaching it, the narrow view widened inch by inch, a beautiful scenery of the city underneath, glowing through the suns embrace finnaly came into view.

   'Oracle.. Wait, Anne..? Not again...'

   Thinking about the sudden event, I returned to my room with a very good head ache..

   At night, I experienced mindgrairn that later on I was diagnosed with a severe fever, causing me be in a short coma of two days.

   During that time, I was brought to the church according to the popes request.

   After one and a half day I woke up and found myself on a stone tomb which is the source of my back pain.

    'Tut. No wonder my back aches.. Now where am I.. A church..?'

   It was only a second but a very familiar voice of a woman went through my ears.

   [Child..]

   I looked around and found no-one around, shortly after I heard mumbles that become clearer and clearer.