Chapter 4

Red and Peril had just finished their plan to save the Dragonets and Kestrel. Red laid in his soft bed, it was made of mountain goat hid. Red began to think about the first time he met Scarlet.

(Flashback)

Red walked through the mountain range, he saw a small goat ready for the eating, he had stayed away from most dragons, so he hunted alone and didn't really talk to anyone else.

Suddenly a larger female skywing pounced on the goat and then looked at Red with malice in her eyes "What are you doing so close to the Skywing palace?" She said with aggression in her voice. Red backed up a bit and replied "First off, rude, second off, sorry, third, I'm Red, and you are?"

The skywing stood their in shock, almost as if she didn't expect him not to know her "...I am Princess Scarlet of the Skywings you ungrateful fool!"  Red stepped back and said "Well sorry, I don't really pay attention to anything to do with other Skywings, I mostly avoid all dragons."

Scarlet looked at Red as if trying to figure him out. Red smiled and said "Anyway sorry for not knowing you, but what's a princess doing out here?" Scarlet looked at Red and said "Well if you must know, I am getting ready to challenge my Mother, Queen Vanadium, she's already faced my two sisters and now I need to learn from their mistakes then I'll be the Queen!"

Red looked at Scarlet and said "Well, have you trained?" Scarlet looked at him "Of course! But it seems mother doesn't plan on giving me the best training so that I am hindered in my ability to fight." Red had an idea, he knew Scarlet would win either way but this could help him have her as a friend rather than a enemy.

"Hey, sorry if this is a bit much to request but could I train with you, maybe if we work together we could both get stronger and you could get to be Queen of the Skywings." Red said with a smile. Scarlet thought about it for a second, "Very well, but what do you gain from this?" Red shrugged and said "I get to have fun by training my battle abilities."

Scarlet smiled as she got into a battle position, she launched herself at Red. Red was barely able to dodge, his smaller size helped him avoid getting hit. Red quickly retaliated and hit Scarlet in the side with his head.

(Time skip)

Red had stuck around the place where he met Scarlet to train with her. Scarlet appeared again, this time she had a guard with her, "Hello again Red." She said with a smirk, "Oh, hey Scarlet, who this?" Scarlet's smile widened as she said "This is my guard, or well the new Queen's guard."

Red smiled and said "I knew you could win, but why return aren't you strong enough?" Scarlet smiled as she said "Yes, but I want you to become the head of my guards as the only one who could challenge me."