Chapter 10

Red flew through the rainforest, he grabbed some fruit to eat when suddenly he heard a loud set of talons land near him, "Well if it isn't mister killjoy." Morrowseer glared at Red and said "Blister won't be able to meet you today or anytime soon, the Seawings needed her help at the moment."

Red smiled gently and said "It's ok, I got nothing but time. Anyways wanna tell me about yourself if we do become allies?" Morrowseer then said "I have no reason to tell you anything." Red rolled his eyes and said "Come on, you could at least tell me son basics, do you have a mate or dragonet?"

Morrowseer then said "Yes, I did but that is none of your concern." Red smirked and said "Did, what do you by that?" Morrowseer then said "Fine, me and my mate, Secretkeeper, lost our dragonet before it hatched."

Red frowned and said "Oh, I am sorry, I hope you can find a way to be happy despite your dragonet's death." Morrowseer then sarcastically said "Wow, really helpful." Red shrugged and said "Sorry, I've never been good with loss, I did kill dragons for a living."

Morrowseer shook his head and said "You should stop trying to comfort dragons, I saw you saving the Dragonets with Peril, you are a dragon who will lie but can't tell the truth and it's clear to see why Scarlet chose you to be her second in command, you like to everyone and expect them not to know."

Red stared at Morrowseer and said "I suppose you have a point, I do lie, but I also can tell you something, so do you, Nightwings lost their powers, you made up the prophecy, but I don't care." Morrowseer seemed shocked as he stood there speechless.

Red smirked widely and said "Tell Battlewinner that she won't escape before the volcano consumes your pathetic island." Morrowseer looked even more shocked as he then laughted and said "I like you, you're smarter than most dragons, I bet you know what we want." Red nodded and said "You know you won't get it."

Morrowseer glared at Red, they both hated each other. Red then said "You are quite handsome despite your ego." Morrowseer looked utterly confused "What, now I'm just confused, why did you say that." Red then replied "Old habits die hard, Scarlet used to insult me so I would complement her while saying slight insults."

Morrowseer then said "That sounds sad, but anyway I must tank you for that compliment, it is good to know you have a little taste in beauty standards." Red rolled his eyes and said "Whatever, can you try to be nice to me as a way to strengthen our alliance?"

Morrowseer rolled his eyes, "Very well, I suppose you are a surprisingly good fighter for a dragon your size." Red smiled and said "Thanks, anyway I should be going, and you should to, tell Blister I said hi next time you see her." Red flew back to the rainwing village.