Chapter 16

Red woke up in the middle of the day, he had been relaxing in the rainforest for a few days, he thought of going after Scarlet but realized that if he found her then many things would go wrong, Winter would never have to go find Hailstorm and then Foeslayer would never be freed and then Qibli wouldn't be saved and Darkstalker would take over the world. Red decided it would probably be better to not go after her after all it could end up terrible and he honestly didn't want to be a hero, he honestly hated even being called ally to good because he wasn't a hero he was more of a secret helping talon for the heroes like the Dragonets of Destiny.

Red had recently received a offer from the Dragonets of Destiny, he could help at the school, Red thought about the offer, he could keep an eye on things and help prevent things from going bad. Red accepted the offer, today he was going to Jade Mountain, but first he grabbed a small silver ring, he gently pulled out the small green gemstone inside and replaced it with a small cut piece of skyfire.

Red put on the ring and decided that before he left he should say goodbye to a few dragons, starting with Pomegranate. Red walked into the medical but and found Pomegranate patching up a few scratches cuts, she turned as she heard Red, "Red, what are you doing here, did your wound start bleeding again?" Red shook his and said "No, I'm going to Jade Mountain, so I came to say goodbye for now." Pomegranate looked saddened by this then said "Oh well, bye I guess."

Red quickly left Pomegranate to her patients and went to see Secretkeeper and Moon. Secretkeeper was in her but with Moon, Moon was reading a scroll while Secretkeeper was sorting some fruits into piles and tossing rotton ones. "Hey Secretkeeper, get Moon how's it going?" Red said, Secretkeeper smiled as she saw Red and said "It's well, although Moon has been running out of scrolls." Red looked over to Moon who was reading a Scroll about newer animus magic, about the past 1000-500 years.

Red smiled and said "Well, I have a few scrolls she can read and I could probably give her a reference for Jade Mountain, they'll probably have a whole library, especially with Starflight there." Secretkeeper laughed slightly and Moon looked up from her scroll and said "Are you sure that would be a good idea Red? I mean I'm not really good with other dragons and..." Red smiled Secretkeeper had told him about Moon's mind reading so he could try and avoid revealing anything he wanted to keep secret to her, although Red already knew.

Moon seemed to notice Red's calm smile and figured out Secretkeeper told him, "Red are you sure that is a good idea?" Moon asked, Red nodded and said "Yes I do, you're stronger and beaver then you think, dragons will be honored to be your friends at Jade Mountain." Secretkeeper nodded in agreement, Moon then asked "Red... why can't I hear your mind?" Red smiled and said "Well that's a secret but I'm sure you and your mother can keep secrets" Red pulled out a small piece of Skyfire.

"This is Skyfire, it has unique affects on the mind and apparently can block mind readers." Red explained, Moon looked at the stone Red gave it to her for a second and suddenly she jumped, Secretkeeper and Red both quickly checked on her, Secretkeeper then said "Moon are you ok?" Moon nodded and said "Yeah, I'm just not used to everything being so quiet." Red nodded and took back the Skyfire and emptied his pouch of two scrolls, one titled 'Skywing Self defense vol. 9' and another titled 'sandwing training vol. 2' and he gave them to Moon, Secretkeeper then said "Are you sure you should give her these scrolls?' Red nodded and said "Yeah, everyone needs to learn a bit about how to attack and defend themselves."

Moon quickly thanked Red and Secretkeeper looked slightly worried but nodded said "So what brings up here?" Red then said "I'm leaving, so I figured that I'd say goodbye to both of you" Moon then said "Where are you going?" Red then said "Oh, I was offered a position at Jade Mountain, so I'm going to help the Dragonets of Destiny." Secretkeeper smiled clearly happy for Red and said "Congratulations, I hope Moon does get to go so we can see you when the school is finished." Red nodded in agreement and said "Well I better get going, Good bye, I hope to see you soon." Moon and Secretkeeper both said goodbye as Red started off towards Jade Mountain.