Chapter 9

Red flew throught the rainforest the trees were close together, very close, in fact to close. Red slammed into a tree, his head hurt from slamming into the tree. Red shook his head and decided to slowly fly through the rainforest as to not slam into any more.

Red suddenly felt something hit him on the neck it stung for a second but he soon fell his eyes shutting as he passed out.

(Time skip)

Red woke up and saw a rainwing with pink and purple all over her scales. Red got up and said "Who are you?"

The rainwing smiled and said "My name is Pomegranate, it's nice to meet you." Red got up and said "It's nice to meet you to, I'm Red." Pomegranate then said "What are you doing in the rainforest, we usually only see those mudwings around here and you're clearly not a mudwing."

Red then said "I'm from the Skywing kingdom, I am here because I was banished from my own kingdom and need somewhere to live." Pomegranate then said "Wow, that sounds interesting, why were you banished?" Red replied "I was the right talon of a murderous queen named Scarlet and now the Queen is Ruby, Scarlet's daughter."

Pomegranate then said "Oh, well at least you can make up for your crimes or whatever you did." Red smiled slightly and said "Don't worry, I tried saving as many dragons as I could while being Scarlet's right talon." Pomegranate smiled clearly happy to hear that Red was willing to save dragons.

Red then asked "What do you do in the rainforest?" Pomegranate then said "Oh, I do healing mostly some dragons get scraps or on rare occasions wounds." Red nodded and said "Well I think I might have a few claw marks that could need check out, could you help?"

Pomegranate smiled and said "Sure!" Red hoped the small claw marks on his arm wouldn't be to much for the small rainwing. Red took off the ragged old bandages to reveal deep blood soaked claw marks from awhile ago, Pomegranate looked at them with horror in her eyes.

Red then said "Um... it's ok if this is to much, I could probably find a way to apply new bandages and other herbs." Pomegranate smiled clearly wanting to help but terrified of the amount of blood, "No, no, no, please allow me to help you."

Red could tell Pomegranate was uncomfortable, her smile was uncomfortable and nervous as if she wanted to help but didn't want to see that much blood. Red then said "I'm gonna wash off the wound so that the blood doesn't soak the bandages again, I'll be back in a bit."

Red flew down to a small river he saw and began washing the blood from his cut, a few rainwings looked horrified by the amount of blood but  he was quick to wash it all away. Red looked at the claw marks they were still quite deep and bleeding a bit but they looked far better.

Red flew back to Pomegranate and said "Ok, I cleaned as best I could, but there's still a bit of blood." Pomegranate quickly and gently wrapped the leafy bandages around his arm, as she then asked "How did you get these?"

Red could tell that she was looking for a answer that wouldn't involve a dragon being killed but Red couldn't live to her, he wouldn't want to lie to someone the first time they met, Red began "It was about twelve days ago, I had decided to enter the arena to fight a Seawing named Gill, he was the king of seawings."

Red let out a sigh and said "He had tried to make peace two weeks before, Scarlet's punishment for him was cruel, he was stripped away from water and dehydrated, it drove him crazy, he was a monster." Red saw Pomegranate look a bit uncomfortable as she finished up his bandages.

Red then said "He launched at me intending to kill, his talons cut deep into my arm, I did what I thought was right, I put him out of his misery and gave him a death worthy of a true warrior." Pomegranate seemed slightly put off by this but Red knew it was for the best, he had already tried to give him water but it was to late for him. Red quickly left Pomegranate to go get something to eat.