Chapter 11

Red was up late at night, his bandages itched, he went out to clean off his arm and reapply his bandages. Red suddenly heard some talon steps hiding in the dark. Red decided to check out who was hidden in the darkness.

Red pounced towards the darkness, whatever was hiding in it could be dangerous. Red slammed into a tree as the Dragon was shorter then he guessed, he got up and saw a small nightwing dragonet with Silver tear drop scales, "Well, that's.... unexpected." Red said as he looked at the frightened dragonet.

"It's ok, I'm not gonna hurt yo-" suddenly as Red was talking he was tackled by a nightwing. Red was face to face with a angry female Nightwing, "You better not have laid a talon on my dragonet!" Red simply said "I didn't hurt your dragonet, I just heard a noise in the dark and found your dragonet, please let me go."

The nightwing got off him and said "Ok, why are you here, you're a Skywing." Red replied "I was banished from my home and made an alliance with Blister and a egotistical Nightwing named Morrowseer." The nightwing laughted slightly and said "That sounds like Morrowseer."

Red then said "Oh, I didn't introduce myself, I'm Red, and you are?" The nightwing hesitated before saying "I'm Secretkeeper, nice to meet you." Red recognize that name "Hey, Morrowseer mentioned you, wait, does that mean that's his dragonet?" Secretkeeper froze and Red simply said "Don't worry, I won't tell him, your Dragonet looks more healthy then both you and Morrowseer, so keep it here until you are sure your tribe is healthy."

Secretkeeper let out a sigh of relief and said "Thank you, I'll make sure Moon stays healthy, maybe you could help ensure her safty while you're in the rainforest?" Red gave a friendly smile and said "Sure, but I'm sure your tribe will be safe soon." Secretkeeper smiled and said "Thank you, I hope you're right, then Moon can meet other nightwings."

Red nodded and began to leave back to the rainwing village. Red found a nice place on the sleeping platform near the edge, it was nice with a very faint breeze. Red rested his head as he fell asleep.