Chapter 15

Red had been visiting Moon regularly and even brought her back to the village with Secretkeeper when the Nightwings had joined the Rainwings. Red had been healing well and recently he was allowed to take off his bandages. Red had been visited by Scarlet in his dreams over the last few nights.

Red started to pack up and get ready to leave for a few days but Glory stopped him, "Red, what are you doing?" Red simply said "I have to attend to a mission for someone." Glory then said "Well whatever mission you're going on you're not going alone, you are still very wounded."

Red rolled his eyes and said "Very well, who should go with me?" Glory then said "I would say Pomegranate, she can fix you up quite easily and she seems to be one of your friends." Red then said "Fine, I'll go get her."

(Time skip)

Red and Pomegranate flew toward Burn's stronghold. Pomegranate was disguised as a sandwing. Red was the first to land, "Hello Red, what brings you to Burn's stronghold?" Asked one of the sandwing guards, "I simply wish to speak with Burn about strategies." The guards nodded and one asked "What about that strange looking sandwing beside you?" Red quickly replied "She is my personal guard, she may look weak but she's killed many."

Red was lead to a guests room, he quickly approached the table and broke off its left back leg, a small hole in the table was revealed, Red quickly grabbed the replica keys he made from the hole. Pomegranate looked at him and said "What are we doing here?" Red then said "Scarlet is here and wants to be freed, I simply am helping a friend out and perhaps she'll see the light of I do help her." Pomegranate nodded slightly.

They quickly stalked down the halls of Burn's stronghold, Red walked past a door which was locked and heard a familiar voice on the other side, it was Sunny. Red quickly found the replica key for the door, he found out that the locks were changed. Red groaned, setting the door on fire would bring to much attention, Red suddenly had an idea, "Pomegranate, can you use your venom to melt this door?" Pomegranate smiled and said "Sure!"

Pomegranate shoot venom on the door and the wood quickly melted away. Sunny stepped out with another Sandwing who Red knew was Thorn, "Red, what are you doing here?" Sunny said, Red quickly replied "I came to free Scarlet but noticed you were trapped so I decide to help you." Sunny then said "But she's evil, why would you want to help her?" Red smiled and said "You'll probably understand if you fall in love."

Sunny looked confused and said "Wait, your in love with Scarlet? Is Ruby your daughter?" Red turned bright red and said "No, no, no, no, I am not a father, and I've only been in love with Scarlet, she probably doesn't feel the same way." Thorn then said "That's quite adorable, young Skywing." Red jumped up and said "I'm not young, I am in my thirties." Thorn looked at Red and said "Really? You look like your barely 8." Red replied in annoyance "Yeah, so I've been told."

They all quickly snuck through the sandwing stronghold, Red eventually lead them to where Scarlet was trapped. Scarlet looked up and saw Red, Pomegranate, Sunny and Thorn, she then growled "What are these three doing here?" Red replied "I'm simply here to help you get free, as for them, they are here because I decide to free them and I brought Pomegranate to help me." Scarlet growled but didn't complain as Red quickly lockpicked the chains.

Scarlet got up and stretched her wings and glared at Pomegranate and Sunny as she then said "Since I'm in such a good mood I won't kill any of you, but don't think you'll get so luck next time." Scarlet quickly rushed off as Sunny then said "How do you love her?" Red sighed and said "She's tall, strong and violent, I love that." Pomegranate's ears seemed to perch up at this, Red ignored that as they quickly followed behind Scarlet to the exit.

As they made their way far away from Burn's stronghold, Sunny and Thorn went off towards Scorpions den. Scarlet landed with Red and Pomegranate, Scarlet then said "So Red, are you ready?" Red was confused as he then said "Ready for what?" Scarlet smirked and said "Ready to get my throne back."

Red looked at Scarlet and said "No." Scarlet glared at Red and said "What was that?" Red replied "I said no, the throne is in Ruby's talons." Scarlet growled "I am your queen and your friend, you should be willing to help me!" Red then said "Scarlet, I don't want to harm any dragons, if we really are friends you should support my decision." Scarlet growled as she stared at Red with anger, she roared and shoot fire next to Red as she said "Fine, but once you come to your senses find me and we'll make me queen again."

Scarlet flew off, Red sighed as Pomegranate then said "Red, are you ok?" Red nodded and said "Yeah, I just can't be mad at Scarlet, even when I should." Pomegranate then said "Maybe you should look for someone else to get your mind off of Scarlet." Red laughted, "Nice joke, there is nobody like Scarlet. Anyways let's head back to the rainforest."

Red let Pomegranate go first as he looked off in the direction Scarlet flew off, he could only hope he would never need to go back to Scarlet to help her get her throne back, and that he would never need to kill any dragons who didn't deserve it like in the arena. Red followed behind Pomegranate as they flew to the rainforest.