Chapter 5

Red flew throught the sky above the arena, it was a dark night, the moons covered by clouds. Red flew down to meet Peril.

Peril was in her room, Tsuinami and Clay were surrounded by flaming rocks. "Hello Peril, did you fill them in on the plan?" Tsunami spoke with a look of confusion on her face "Plan? What do you mean by plan?"

Peril then said to them "Scarlet is probably gonna make Clay fight me in the Champion's shield, so we're gonna free all of you so Scarlet can't use you against me." Tsunami looked at Red and said "Why are you helping?" Red smiled and said "I'd rather Peril not have to kill someone she likes, and I'd rather Peril not die, so this is the best for all of us."

Clay smiled as he said "Well thanks for helping us, but we need to also save Sunny and Glory, do you have a plan for how to free them?" Peril shrugged and said "They'll be fine for now, we can free them after you."

Peril quickly moved the rocks around them as Red began to cut some of the chains, Peril melted the rest off. Red began to lead them toward a exit he had used many times but few guards ever checked. They slowly and carefully walked through the hallway, they all went quietly, soon their was sky above them and mountains ahead.

Red let out a sigh of relief and said "Thank the honor of the sky that Scarlet didn't remember this exit, I was worried she'd put guards here." Clay then said "Well, where should we go now, we can't just leave Sunny and Glory?" Peril frowned slightly, clearly annoyed at him caring so much about Sunny and Glory, "Well you could go hide in a nearby cave and we'll get the rest freed."

Red and Peril went through the tunnel, they covered all their tracks. Red quickly went to the dinning room, he was invited but had to say he would be late because of problems with the gift he made for Scarlet, he had made a necklace with several well cut rubies and gold chains. He did have to lie about his gift not being ready but he knew Scarlet would except the excuse once she saw the necklace, it was perfect for her.

Red entered the dinning room, he bowed before Queen Scarlet and presented his gift to her, tomorrow was her hatchday but Red would always give her a gift both the day of and day before to make sure she was happy. Scarlet looked at the necklace she seemed happy about the necklace, it had 4 different shades of red that all complemented each other and her scales.

Scarlet smiled slightly and said "Thank you Red, you delivered one of the best gifts, as always, I hope you're thrilled for tomorrow, the Champion's shield with thrilling!" Red smiled and said "Of course Queen Scarlet, I am more then excited to see who you put up against the most powerful champion you have." Scarlet smiled wickedly and said "Well I'll give you a hint, they are immune to fire." Red knew Scarlet ment Clay, but who would she punish for him being missing?