jung haemin.

our old promise

|

cha jiyoung and her family moved back into their old neighbourhood. after unpacking , she went out on a bike to look around the neighbourhood that she has been missing for a long time.

the playground that she used to go after school back when she's a kid are now upgraded. but it's so sad that the ice cream truck lady wasn't there anymore. she miss the free ice cream that the lady always gave her , she love free food.

she went to sit there while drinking some of the water she bought from home , looking around while thinking of her childhood. she have a very good childhood and she's thankful for that.

it's a quite playground now , probably because kids nowadays are more interested in technology than going out to play and make friends. soon , a tall guy come there with a little kid.

he let the kid play as much as he want while he sit at the bench beside jiyoung. "alone ?" he asked. "yeah." she replied as they made eye contact. "wait , hold up , are you cha jiyoung ?" he asked. "yes , how did you— oh my god haemin ?" she replied.

"it's been a long time ! when did you come here ?" he asked. "a few minutes ago. i thought you moved out or something , didn't expect you to still live here." she said. "we did moved out for two years while this neighbourhood got renovated." he said.

"i see . . . anyway , who is that ?" she asked , pointing at the kid. "that's my nephew." he replied. "oh , he's cute." she said. "just like me." he said confidently. "in your dream." she poked his forehead.

soon , they decided to go home. "meet me here after dinner , i'll wait for you." he said. "sure." she replied. 'nothing feel better than meeting an old friend.' she thought to herself.

|

after dinner , haemin waited for her at the playground alone. "hello." she said to him. "you came." he replied with a smile. "of course." she said. he tapped the seat next to him , signalling her to sit down. "i miss you." he said.

"didn't expect you to still remember me. it's been like how long ? nine years ?" she replied. "you are not really easy to forget , but i guess i am a very forgettable person huh ?" he said.

"no , i didn't mean it that way , i'm just surprised that you still remember me very well even after how much my look changed." she replied. "look changed but your eyes stay the same." he said.

he admire her eyes so much , well , infact he realised it soon that he likes her and that's why she look pretty in his eyes. it was a long time ago but the feeling stayed.

jiyoung heart beat so fast , haemin voice become deeper , he grow taller and for some reason he look attractive now. back then , he was a cutie but now he is what people would describe as charming.

"so , what's up with your life lately ?" he asked. "not much , i probably spent my whole highschool studying and having fun with my friends." she said. "do you have any relationship experience ?" he asked once again. "not really , my dad doesn't let me date until i graduate. now that i've graduated highschool , i don't really know how to find a boyfriend." she replied.

"i don't know if you remember this or no but back then when we're still a little kid with no grown up common sense , we used to make a promise. do you still remember the promise ?" he asked.

"i . . . don't think so." she replied. "we were sitting on that swing , you said you wanted to be in love like what you saw in the princesses cartoon you watch." he pointed at the swing. "and then , i said to you that when we grow up , if you haven't found your prince yet , i'll be your prince instead." he continued.

jiyoung cringed at the silly story , "and we promise that if we graduated highschool and still have no one to call as our lover , we'll date each other instead." he added. "what a silly promise." she replied.

"so . . . we graduated highschool , we have no lover and we're now next to each other. do you want to try being in a relationship ? let me be your prince and you can live your princess love life." he said.

even though it's been nine years since they last met , they feel very comfortable with each other. "what's the harm , right ? plus , it's a promise so we shouldn't break it." she replied.

"i'll try my best to be the best boyfriend to you. i am quite clumsy but for you i will—" "don't change yourself for me , hae. i love you for who you are now." she said. haemin melt at her words , his cheek turned slightly pink. "i love you too." he said.

|

time passed , it's jiyoung birthday.

💭 . . . text message !

loverboy <3
online

happy birthday princess
12 : 00 a.m

aww thank you
12 : 00 a.m

i'm thinking of a date
12 : 00 a.m

you're down ?
12 : 00 a.m

hell yeah , what time ?
12 : 01 a.m

3 pm if you're free
12 : 01 a.m

sure , wanna match ?
12 : 01 a.m

soft blue ^^
12 : 01 a.m

anything for you princess
12 : 02 a.m

goodnight , have a sweet dream
12 : 02 a.m

goodnight bb
12 : 02 a.m

💭 . . . text message !

jiyoung sleeping soundly knowing that she hit the lottery by having the best boyfriend ever. she could flex him but she decided to keep him all to herself.

haemin on the other side , he is glad that he waited for her. he have been living a good life ever since they dated each other— jiyoung is the type to give affection and compliment him , she also bake sweet desserts for him.

they are both lucky to have each other.

| the end

sorry if there's any mistakes or grammatical error <3

comments and votes !
@aryswrite