VIII

"Do you ride my lady?" He gestured to the horses that had just come out from the stables for a morning stroll. "Well," He placed his hand out for her and she hesitantly took it. "I did ride up until I turned about twelve. I encountered an accident with one of the horses and I guess I have never gone close enough to pet one ever since that day." He nodded oddly fascinated. But stopped a distance when she did.

"What had caused the accident if you dont mind me asking my lady?" "The straps, or the harness. Something wasn't on right and the horse got uncomfortable. Kicked and I fell off landing at an odd angle and fracturing my leg. I was lucky to have survived." She was indeed lucky, her father had worried more for the distressed horse than his own daughter and he had constantly for as long as she could remember blamed the poor performance of the horse on her, even though he barely rode or even partook in any form of horse-riding games.

Hams Smith was silent a moment before he said. "I could teach you how to ride again, help you over come your fear, and I will make sure to use the gentlest horse and have the straps on correctly." "Why you are far too kind sir, but I fear I would be interfering with your work-" "But of course not my lady. It would be an honour helping you." An uncomfortable feeling took hold of her, and she thought nothing of it. She had interreacted with the many servants both in her father's house and in hers but the man before her felt oddly strange, different if she was to add, "Then I shall like that Mr. Smith."

"Please my lady," he bowed down, holding her hand. He kissed her gloved hand just above the knuckles and when he looked up his soft eyes were replaced by something unreadable, the shiny light replaced by a sudden darkness. "Call me Hams." "Very well Hams." She watched the man retreat back to his work and she to her small spot amongst flowers. The book in her hand couldnt capture her attention any longer and she found herself thinking, perhaps even if her body didnt play a big role in keeping a man in marriage, it did add to the role. And seducing her husband wasn't after all such a terrible idea considering the fact that she was already married to him.

She stood up and made her way towards the house though she could feel a certain someone's gaze on her. Undressing the layers of clothes she had on her body, stripping her to her bare nakedness. "Callam, do we have guests?" The old man stood bowed then replied. "Lord Godfrey my lady. He is currently up in the parlor with his lordship." Godfrey Charles was one man that had visited their home as his second place of living and though she had never really made his acquaintance, the many stories she had heard about him were enough to paint a picture of his figure in her mind. "Is he well entertained?" The man nodded once more. "He is always entertained by good drink my lady." She nodded and run up for the stairs eager to try her new plan to test.

Seduction?

What was so hard about seduction? She had read about it in books, a little skin here and there and a bit of a slutty mentality though not too much. The lady at the gambling game of chess had used it and she was sure she had won back her tripled winnings on the sixth game as well as some of the lord's personal assets. And that had only been attained with her showing off a little bit of what she had to offer and her simple touches.

Beatrice had done the same, so had lady Clara Leavening. So why couldn't she especially if she felt her marriage was slowly slipping out of her hands?

She closed the door to her chamber behind her and rampaged through her dresses. The only thing she could find was a dark coloured dress with an open back and a low burst something she had never liked but she thought it would do. The dress clang to her slender figure like second skin and it played to her advantage that it wasn't princessy like. Which meant that her body though slender with perfect portions would be out for him to see.

The dress was simply scandalous.

Next was her hair. Her pale blond hair. She tied it up to her head and allowed for a few strands fall on her shoulders then thought better of it and wore it all down. It wasn't curled or anything and there was truly nothing special about her hair other than the bald blonde paleness of it. She run a comb humming slowly to herself and then run wet fingers through its straightens to hive it a sort of wavy appearance.