XII

The feelings that had kept him awake all though out the night at the bliss of her lips.

He stood up immediately when he felt himself move with excitement.

"The tenants." He cleared his throat. "Have them informed that the damages from the rain will not be deducted from them. But rather someone would come and fix everything at my cost." "Very well my lord." Callam jumped up from his seat aiming for his book.

Emilia had surprisingly created a name for him during the five years of her presence and he wondered why he had never paid any attention to her and most of all why the glory was given to him and not her. "If that be all my lord." Devyn gave himself more than a moment before pacing the lit room. He moved for the window once again and even though he tried so hard he couldn't see where his wife or the shirtless man had gone too. Perhaps it had gotten colder, and she had deduced it was time to come back in doors. He wondered why he was feeling this way. Feeling emotions, he never knew he could feel, a lover he was clearly not and yet he wanted the tender look of his wife's eyes or perhaps he wanted the woman who had looked at him in the reveling dress.

Was he lusting after his own wife? Could that be it then? He wouldn't lie he hadn't ever faked interest in her up until that point, hence the many travels he did, and yet the thought of another mans hand on her had his blood boiling and his hands itching. He pushed the thoughts to the back of his head, these were things he could deal with later.

The winters were coming, and the corps grown on his estates were getting fewer and fewer and even he couldn't subject his tenants to the harsh weather conditions especially with how cold it got in Cornsdorf. Mostly because the many lot of them wouldnt want to work anyway.

He got hold of his coat and walked out of the study. Again, the fresh vases of flowers he had failed to notice caught his eye and he questioned who his wife, Emilia Seymour really was. He past open the drawing room and came to a halt when he found the biggest vase of flowers seated unattended to. Curious he made a beeline for them. They were the biggest bunch of flowers he had ever seen, and he wondered if his wife had a secret lover, after all they were more fabulous than the ones he knew her to grow in her garden.

Hams Smith.

The name rang as a mockery in his head. But even he was incapable of buying such flowers. They looked like they had travelled a far distance under impeccable care.

And the worst part of all it was that no matter how hard he searched the large mass, he couldn't find a note detailing who the flowers were from that was until he looked at the vase and saw the delicate initials of L. Clara Leavening. His breath stilled.

He had forgotten about her and what had happened during the small moments of the study. Honestly even he couldn't completely comprehend what had happened between them. All he could remember was the general look of boredom he had perfectly masked after a few rounds of meeting the many lots of guests and the pounding he had developed due to her nonstop chattering. Then they had made their way towards her study, and she had hinted on she wanting to buy a few shares of her own from lord Berrycloth which he had obviously advised her against. Then she had insisted on buying some from him, claiming she would be able to keep up with its stressful demands and even employ workers under her care as her husband was one too foolish to take up risks with his money.

They had shared a few drinks and honestly, he didn't have it at the back of his mind to grace her between her legs, though he had planned on visiting one of the local establishments, but it had happened and Emilia had walked in, guilt had washed over him and yet, yet he had found it hard enough approaching her and apologising.

And when they had kissed, it was like as if all the other women he had ever taken to bed were incomparable to the perfect woman that had stood in a tempting dress before him.