XL

She had never really paid attention to the excess work or detail the servants put into while preparing the whole house for events, even while back in her father's house, most of the preparations were done before she had awoken from her bed and the dishes were always prepared and run through by her mother nothing ever involving her.

She couldn't say the same for her sister though.

"My lady, a package has arrived." Curious, Emilia stared at the light pink wrapped box. "It doesn't say who it is from." It was more a statement to herself than to the eagerly watching maid.

She pulled out the long dress and admired the feel of the garment in her hands. It was of a dark purple shade mixed with the softest whitest stain she had ever seen with delicately hand stitched flowerily waves. The dress unlike the rest of the dresses, wasn't given extra layers underneath but rather its fabric was one that would hug her body and enhance her curves, a scandalous piece of attire that no doubt would have heads turning and people talking. And although the dress didnt come with the princess effect, it had some sort of waves that run down the length of her legs starting from her knees then pulling at the floor.

Its neckline was that of an off the shoulder giving well deserved praise to her front area and small shiny stones, which upon closer inspection looked blacker then purple, run down the length of its corset like structure.

"Oh, its so lovely my lady."

The dress was beautiful, an attire that would make her feel and look more beautiful than she felt and she doubted anyone else wouldnt be bold enough to wear such a piece to a ball.

Was she bold enough?

Excitement coursed through her bones and she couldn't wait to see how she looked.

Though what she admired the most were the long matching gloves the dress had come with, she had even gotten two extra pairs made with entirely different fabric but same shade of purple.

"You will be the gossip of the ball my lady."

She couldn't deny it, and the tears that threatened to spill form her eyes were evidence enough. She would have to thank Devyn later, at least show her appreciation in some sort of way as she knew she couldnt afford the dress in her arms even with the little amount of money she had stored away.

The thoughts of him slipping the dress off her shoulders and taking her to bed made her cheeks turn a dark shade of red.

"I am afraid we would have to start now my lady if we want you ready for the ball in time." Her distracted mind was brought back by the maid's calling, and she allowed herself be stripped and lathered with honey soap.

She would give herself room for such thoughts later when she was in the confines of her husband being loved.

Her hair was washed and dried and pulled and twisted and styled till her scalp hurt yet she didn't complain.

As a matter of fact, she looked forward to seeing Devyn's reaction solely on her person as she ascended the steps to his welcoming arms.

Her body was massaged with baby oils that made her skin soft and pleasant which eased the stress of fitting into her dress.

Her hair was let down in waves and the chamber maid had even gone though the extra stress of adding some longer extensions to her hair to give it its full length. She admired the way it cascaded down her back past her shoulders almost reaching her mid back.

It made her feel even prettier and the extra colour, the mixed red brown that had been added to her hair made her even more beautiful. It matched not only her dress but also the powder of her eyes to at most perfection.