XXXVII

He held the back of her head, and she placed her hands on his chest feeling his rapid heartbeat.

"You don't have to face them Devyn, you can always do that tomorrow."

When his lips came down to meet hers, she was more than ready for him, and her arms circled around his neck drawing him closer till their hearts beat as one, till their breaths were the same.

This was real, she was in his arms and he didnt want to let her go.

He wouldn't if he could.

His hands sneaked around her waist and brought her body, closing the small distance between theirs, to his.

He wasn't going to tell her about her father refusing to house her should things go wrong, and he most certainly wasn't going to tell her about his affair, or the threat Lord Abbington posed. He was going to enjoy the small moments and the little things he had created with her because he knew soon all would be taken away from him.

And it was all his fault.

He lifted her up and her legs wrapped around his waist. Her back hit the nearest wall and he made sure that her burning core felt the hardening of his manhood. He had no mercy as he tore apart the front of her dress bringing out one hardened peaking nipple.

She let out a little whine when his lips left hers for her dark peak.

"Devyn." Just his name on her tongue was reason enough to undo him.

He walked over to the bed where he laid her down and battled with the numerous layers of her clothes as he wondered why women of the ton wondered about in such quantities frustrated he pushed her drawers aside and slid in till he fit perfectly, filling her with his largeness.

A moan escaped her lips and when he started moving, whining his waist, pushing into her, he knew it all felt right, not just the sex but her person, and though they had a long way to go in discovering themselves, he knew it was she he would rather he spent his whole life with than the single looniness of his chambers of the many mistresses of his past.

One of the many mistresses that was with his child.

Her eyes opened a dazed fraction and her hands struggled to gip something. With the strength of a skilled warrior she dragged him down to her by the hems of his shirts and he willingly complied bidding to her demanding commands.

Sweat dotted the blemishes of her face and she bit hard on her lips when he sexed her just right.

"I want to see you my love, look at me." But no matter how hard she tried, her eyes kept closing as the pressure within her legs built.

Moan after moan.

The sweet smell of sex.

Her little whimpers of bliss it all corrupted his head and it brought him great joy as he filled his seed into her warm womb.

Perhaps, just perhaps, he thought, with the way he had been taking his wife to bed, she was already with his child. A child he knew he would learn to love with the woman he knew he would grow to love. He stilled in her as the last of his seed poured and when done, he helped her underneath the covers in both their disorganised state. There was no where he would rather be than in her arms.

"Devyn." His name escaped her lips and he couldn't help but spoon her even closer.

"You are not going to miss her ladyship's riding are you? She requested all ladies present join her on horse back." Emilia looked at a woman whose hair was a beautiful brown matching the same colour of the fullness of her lips. "Her ladyship has invited everyone for a ride into her massive estates. The men went as early in the morning to hunt for winter bulk." That explained why Devyn was out of bed as early as dawn and even if she did want to complain, beg him to stay, she felt she was too tired from the pervious night's wild wonderous adventures to argue with him leaving so early so she had only mumbled something and fallen back to sleep, though she didn't miss the soft kiss he had planted on her forehead before departing from his chambers.

"Well, I most certainly wasn't aware of that." "I assure you werent seeing as you weren't present throughout last even." The woman extended her hand and Emilia gladly took it. "I heard you retired early to your chambers because you had the most dreadful of headaches."

"Oh."

"What?" The woman asked. "Is it not true? I could have sworn Devyn said so this morning."