Chapter 17

A/N: sorry for the wait everyoneee, hope this chapter is worth it i really enjoyed writing it, hopefully youll enjoy reading it! feedback is much appreciated, please let me know what you think <3

Chapter 17

JAY POV

Sipping her coffee at 9 o’clock in the morning, the Tomlinson household was very quiet. The girls, Louis, and Harry were asleep. She cherished the silence and allowed herself to appreciate it; Jay barely ever got her peace and quiet.

A new layer of fresh snow covered the ground outside, Jay observed as she looked out the window. The sun, however, was out, shining brightly and lighting up the neighborhood. It was a beautiful day. The girls were going to be so excited. Louis too.

Jay couldn’t help but notice that her son was acting so different from when she dropped him off at Brookside at the beginning of the year. Louis had always been a very happy boy, since day one. He was always laughing, and there was rarely a day where he wasn’t smiling. But now, his happiness and excitement had reached a level that Jay had never seen. He was beaming constantly; he literally oozed happiness. When Jay went to pick up Louis yesterday, he was glowing.

Now Jay had thought long and hard about what could be causing his happiness. She went through every option, analyzed all of the possibilities and had arrived at one conclusion.

Louis hadn’t let go of Harry once since they’d arrived home. Louis had snapped at Lottie when she’d tried having a conversation with Harry. Dinner was full of secret glances and whispers and hidden smiles. Louis thought Jay didn’t see any of this, but she did.

The way Louis looked when he talked about Harry…His eyes sparkled and he smiled so wide that Jay was sure his cheeks must have gotten stuck like that.

It had to be Harry. There were no other options.

Harry was quite possibly one of the kindest souls Jay had ever met. He was sweet and down to earth and so very generous, and so patient with the girls. They adored him. He was also extremely shy, and whenever anyone would compliment him his eyes would fall to the floor and his cheeks would flush pink. He was humble and calm and everything Jay thought her son needed. He was a good counter to Louis’ constant buzzing energy. She thought they’d work well together.

And don’t even get Jay started on how Harry would look at Louis. Whenever he thought Louis wasn’t looking, he’d just gaze at Jay’s son, eyes widening and softening with fondness. It was such a vulnerable, adorable puppy-dog like stare, and so sickeningly adorable that Jay could only look for a second or two at a time.

Basically, Jay was certain that her son had feelings for Harry Styles. And that Harry reciprocated the feelings.

She was also certain, however, that Louis had absolutely no idea what was going on, and didn’t know that he was falling for Harry. Hard.

How long it would take Louis to realize this, Jay didn’t know. But whenever that may be, Jay decided that she’d be there to support him, no matter what.