Chapter 28

A/N- :) :) :)

Chapter 28

LOUIS POV

"They're going to hate us, they're seriously going to hate us. What are we supposed to do?! We have to tell them now, there's no other option, I mean, I want to get it over with and not worry about it anymore but I'm panicking Louis, I can't do this!"

Louis was currently unpacking in his room, while Harry paced back and forth and mumbled slightly incoherent things in a panicked craze, all because of a text from Zayn saying "we're coming x."

Louis sighed and got up from where he was arranging (more like shoving) his clothes in his dresser drawer and walked over to Harry, putting a hand on his upper arm. He rubbed it comfortingly, and Harry looked at him worriedly. "Louis they're going to hate us like everyone else!"

"Haz, don't be ridiculous. They might be surprised, yeah, but they've accepted you for who you are, haven't they?"

Harry nodded, shoulders relaxing slightly but still remaining tense.

"Exactly. So you have nothing to worry about, trust me. They love you. They won't hate us," Louis said softly. Harry nodded again, eyes still wide. He sat down on Louis' bed and ran his hands through his hair. Louis smiled adoringly at him; he was so cute when he was nervous. His bottom lip stuck out slightly, and he got this childlike look in his eyes. He looked at Louis like he was relying on him, like he trusted him and could count on him and that made Louis feel warm and fuzzy inside.

Before Louis could turn back to his suitcase to continue unpacking, the door burst open. "LADS!" Zayn exclaimed, pouncing on Harry and pulling him into a headlock. Harry barely managed a surprised sputter, looking so incredibly confused that Louis couldn't help but laugh. Niall followed, squealing upon seeing the boys and attacking Louis with a starfish hug. "Woah there Nialler," Louis chuckled. When Zayn was done noogie-ing Harry, he practically ran over to Louis, and Niall untangled his arms from around Louis and jumped on Harry. "Harry Harry Harry I missed you so much oh my god Harry," Niall kept saying over and over, and Harry was petting his hair confusedly but lovingly. "I missed you too Ni," Harry said in response, and Niall continued muttering incoherent things into Harry's shoulder. Harry looked over at Louis, who currently had a Zayn attached to his leg, and smiled with shining eyes. Louis grinned warmly in response, and then rolled his eyes when he felt Zayn squeeze his leg tighter. "Zayn what are you doing?"

"Hugging your leg," he replied, his voice sounding muffled from where it was buried in Louis' skinny jeans.

"Get offfff," Louis whined. "Never ever!" Zayn said teasingly. "Move or the hair gets it!" Louis said, grabbing a fistful of Zayn's hair. Zayn squeaked. "No no no please no ah I'll move I'll move!"

All of this happened in less than a minute. To put it simply, Louis was confused and overwhelmed. But mostly confused.

The door swung open again, revealing an out-of-breath Liam, lugging two heavy suitcases and a backpack. "LIAM!" Zayn and Niall chorused, and both went to tackle him. They all fell on the ground in a heap of tangled limbs and laughter and Liam's repeated shouts of "No! Stop!"

When Liam finally escaped the fray and managed to get to his feet, his shirt was all rumpled up and he was tripping over his suitcases. He smiled at Louis and Harry dazedly. "H-hey guys." He paused for a few breaths, then continued. "Thanks for not tackling me like tweedle dumb and tweedle dumber over here." He motioned to where Zayn and Niall were on the ground, STILL laughing.

All Harry seemed to be able to do was smile at Liam nervously and wave. Liam looked at him curiously, and then at Louis who was biting his lip. "Something wrong?"

As soon as Liam said that, Zayn and Niall stopped talking, and got up to walk over to them. "Alright boys, what's going on?" Niall asked, stuffing crisps in his mouth out of a bag that he somehow got from somewhere. "Oh, erm," Louis said awkwardly and looked at Harry, who was determinedly staring at his feet. Louis sighed internally. Guess he was going to have to break the news then.

He went to sit by Harry on the bed, and Harry leaned into him immediately, as if on instinct. Butterflies fluttered in his stomach. "Harry and I just wanted to tell you that...that we're...we're like...."

Niall, Zayn, and Liam stared at him expectantly, waiting for him to get on with it.

"MeandHarryaredating."

The words came out so quickly that he was fairly certain they didn't understand a thing he said. They just stared at him blankly for what felt like forever. He could feel Harry holding his breath beside him. He himself was frozen, waiting for their reaction.

Then, Niall slowly turned to Zayn with a blank face and held out his hand, palm up. "Pay up, Malik."

"What?! No! That wasn't an actual bet!"

"Oh yes it was, don't even try weasling your way out of this one. You owe me 20 quid."

"It's true," Liam chimed in. "I saw you make the deal Zayn."

"Oh shut up Liam."

What the fuck? "Uhm...?" Louis interjected. Harry was still sat all wide eyed and frozen.

Liam, Zayn, and Niall all looked to Louis and Harry, looking like they almost forgot they were there.

"Lads...I just told you something that's kind of a big deal. What are you talking about?" Louis continued. Harry opened his mouth as if he were going to say something, but nothing came out.

"Oh, we bet on you two," Niall said casually, as if they were talking about the most recent footie match or last night's homework. "I said that by the time hols were over, you'd be together. Zayn over here thought it'd take a lot longer for you two to talk about your feelings and shit, but I dunno, I just kind of felt like it was gonna happen. And," he said smugly, turning to face Zayn. "I was right! So pay up!"

"Wait," Louis said. "You...you guys knew?"

The three boys stared at him in disbelief, and then as if on cue, all began to laugh hysterically. "Lou, you thought you were being secretive?" Zayn managed between snorts. "You're fucking ridiculous."

"Yeah mate, we knew ages ago. It was almost too easy to tell," Liam added.

Louis turned to look at Harry, shocked, and Harry met his look with an equally surprised expression. Then they both just turned to stare at their laughing friends, not knowing what to say.

Louis didn't really know how to describe his current emotional state. It was a mix of annoyance, disbelief, relief, and amusement. He squeezed Harry's hand tightly, and Harry let out a small sqeak in response, still too overwhelmed to say anything.

Needless to say, telling the lads went much differently than Louis thought it would.