Chapter 24

A/N- ;)

Chapter 24

~*** 10:00 PM ***~

LOUIS POV

Louis sat sulking in his corner.

Yes, the one he started out in. Two. Fucking. Hours. Ago.

He decided against trying to continue to find Harry when he nearly knocked over an extremely beefy, extremely foul-tempered bloke who was nearly twice his size. The death glare the man had sent Louis was a VERY clear message; he was ready to pummel Louis to a pulp. Louis had just smiled sheepishly and apologized nervously a few times, but gave up trying to say anything when the man just continued staring at him angrily, and decided to just turn around and run for the safety of his corner instead.

Usually, he loved parties. Hell, parties were where he was at home, where he was completely in his element. But he didn't know anyone here, and he felt awkward, especially because the only person he really did know wasn't around.

He rested his chin in his hands and continued to people-watch. He wasn't really used to being the wallflower in situations like this, but he had to admit, it was quite interesting.

There was this one young, very pretty girl, maybe even a bit younger than him, standing near the opposite wall, drink in hand, scanning the crowd, as if looking for someone. Louis guessed she had found who she was looking for, because her face suddenly lit up, her eyes sparkling. He followed her eyes and spotted a short boy, about her age, with light brown hair. He was chatting animatedly with another guy, and from what Louis could hear, he was talking about some goal he had scored in his football match last week. Louis' eyes flickered back to the girl's face, and she was staring at him dreamily. But then, the smile was wiped off of her face when the boy called out a goodbye to his friend and began making his way in her direction. Her face turned tomato red, and she seemed to be trying not to hyperventilate. She fidgeted awkwardly, seeming like she didn't know what to do with herself. Louis smiled sadly, feeling a pang of sympathy for the girl.

The boy continued walking over toward the girl, and the closer he got, the redder her face got. She decided to stop watching him, and stared at the ground instead, but then pulled her phone out, trying to look busy. The boy looked like he was going to walk right past her, but then he slowed down, seeing the girl standing there. "Hey Charlie!" Louis heard him call out to her, a huge smile on his face. The girl looked up at the boy, looking like a startled puppy, eyes wide in disbelief. She looked like she wanted to hide her face, to get out of that situation. Even so, she responded, though her response was a bit late. "Oh, uh, hi!"

The boy flashed her another bright white grin in response, and continued walking past.

The girl, Charlie, watched his back as he walked further and further away, and then slumped against the wall, looking as though she let out a huge breath. She bit her lip, still looking in the direction that he'd walked away in disappointedly.

Restlessness fluttered in Louis' chest. She should just talk to him! She's gorgeous, and Louis would even consider going for her himself it it wasn't for Harry!

Because yeah, that was kinda sorta a thing for him now. Liking Harry.

It was really difficult, that. The situation was just...nearly impossible, really. Especially with everyone's attitude toward gays at Brookside. Not that Louis cared about what the others thought; just, he was on the football team. He knew the other lads on the team, other than Liam and Zayn, wouldn't be very happy with him. They already didn't speak to him anymore outside of practice and games because he was close with Harry; what would happen if they found out that he was interested in Harry?