Chapter 8

A/N: hello lovelies :) this chapter is long overdue, sorry for the delay, i know i always say that but i started writing this chapter and it was terrible, so i had to start all over and it took a while so yeah haha. hope you guys like it, vote fan and comment por favorr, shanks

Chapter 8

LOUIS POV

Pass. Dribble. Kick. Pass. Dribble. Kick.

Beads of sweat formed on Louis' brow and trickled down his nose as he narrowed his eyes in concentration. Time seemed to slow as Zayn kicked the ball from in front of the goal. It soared up into the air, flying extremely high until it reached its peak, where it came spinning down. Louis sprinted across the field to meet it, jumping up and receiving the impact on his chest. His feet captured the ball and he ran quickly, easily shielding the ball, nimbly running circles around the other team's players as he approached the opposite goal, where Grimshaw was standing as keeper. Without stopping, Louis quickly took aim, measured distance and angle, before pulling his foot back and letting it go. It collided with the football, sending it spinning at an incredible speed straight ahead, straight toward the goal. Nick froze like a deer caught in headlights, letting out an embarrassingly girly yelp before jumping up to try and catch it just a second too late. The ball flew over his head, landing perfectly in the net.

Nick just stood there in disbelief, staring at the ball on the grass behind him.

The shrill sound of a whistle sliced through the silence on the field. Coach Cowell took off his cap, running a hand through his hair tiredly. "That's all for today boys. Good practice. Grimshaw, a word."

Louis let out a long breath, wiping his forehead with his practice jersey as he walked over to the benches. He grabbed his water bottle and took a long swig, still breathing hard from the grueling practice. Zayn walked up beside him, clapping Louis on the back. "Good scrimmage Lou, you were pretty crazy out there today." Louis shrugged, pushing his fringe out of his eyes. He grinned at his friend and winked. "S'what I do, Zayn."

The two began walking toward the locker rooms, Liam joining them. "Grimshaw looks pissed," he commented as he walked up to Louis and Zayn. Louis turned around to look over his shoulder, seeing Cowell sternly saying something to Grimshaw, who was staring daggers at the coach, arms crossed and jaws clenched. Zayn snorted. "What a puss." Louis chuckled.

The three boys walked in a comfortable silence after this, occasionally taking swigs of water. After a minute, Liam spoke up. "Nice goal by the way Tommo, beautifully executed," he said teasingly, slinging an arm over Louis' shoulders. Louis sniggered. "What can I say? I'm the master of beauty."

"Don't get all big headed now, Lou," Zayn joked. "Oh wait, my bad, you already are. Oops."

"Like you're one to talk about big headedness, Mr. I-have-to-spend-2-hours-whining-about-my-hair-every-morning Malik."