Chapter 19

A/N: not edited, so bear with me! x

Chapter 19

HARRY POV

Harry moved out of the bed slowly, trying not to wake Louis. He glanced at the bedside clock. 9 am. Perfect. 

The past few days had been amazing so far. The week was flying by, and now, it was Christmas Eve. But more importantly, it was Louis' birthday. And Harry wanted to make sure that everything would be perfect.

He had talked to Jay the day before, and she had made sure to get a few things together for Harry, so that he'd be able to put together a little surprise for Lou. He was absolutely determined to make this day as amazing as possible for his friend. And seeing as Louis usually woke up around 11 or so, Harry knew that he had to hurry if he wanted this to work. He quietly slipped out of the room and tiptoed his way down the stairs and into the kitchen, where Jay was already sitting at the kitchen table, sipping at her coffee and reading a magazine. She put the magazine down when Harry walked in. "Hi love, sleep well?"

"Great, thanks Jay," he replied warmly. He started feeling so comfortable around Jay in such a short amount of time; it was as if he'd known her forever. "Is everything ready?"

She nodded, standing up and pulling the essentials out of cupboards and the fridge. Harry was just getting out a few bowls and other items when Lottie walked in through the door. Lottie had almost completely gotten over her shyness after Harry's third day staying at the Tomlinson household, and now Harry was confident that she was at least semi-comfortable around him. He wasn't exactly sure why she'd been so weird around him to begin with, but he didn't ask questions. "Morning Lottie," he said happily. "Wanna help?"

Lottie's cheeks turned slightly pink. "What are you guys doing?.."

"Sh," Jay shushed her daughter. "We don't want the twins waking up, they'll just cause trouble. We're making Louis a surprise for his birthday, it was Harry's idea."

Lottie's blue eyes found Harry's, and she smirked at him. Harry concentrated on pulling items out of drawers, suddenly finding the mixing bowl in front of him to be quite interesting as his cheeks heated up. "Oh did he now?" Lottie said teasingly.

Harry ignored her jibe. "I wanted to make him a cake, your mum decided to help me by providing me with the essentials," he said, motioning to the items that now cluttered the countertop. "You can help if you'd like."

"You know how to bake?" Lottie asked, sounding quite surprised.

"Yeah, I've always loved baking. Cooking too, actually."

Lottie shot her mum an incredulous look, to which Jay simply shrugged, a small smile on her face. 

"What?" Harry asked, genuinely confused. 

"What CAN'T you do?" Lottie asked, sounding surprised.

"Lots of things," Harry replied quietly.

"Somehow I doubt that..." Lottie muttered.

An awkward silence overtook the small kitchen. Suddenly, Jay spoke up. "Well, I think I'm going to go get some laundry done. I'll leave you to it, Harry."

"Thanks Jay," Harry called over his shoulder before turning to Lottie. "So, do you want to help or what?"

Lottie just smiled at him and walked over to the sink, washing her hands. "What do you want me to do first?"

****

Harry was just pulling the cake out of the oven around ten. It came out perfect, not burnt in the slightest. It looked absolutely amazing, but he wasn't very surprised. Red velvet was always his specialty; he had no idea why, but his red velvet cakes always turned out the best. Harry was tempted to just eat it right then and there.