Chapter 23

A/N: hiiii. its kind of shit. idek.

Chapter 23

ANNE POV

Too. Much.

Ah.

Harry and Louis weren't back from Sainsbury's yet and Anne had so much to make and clean and they were late and the party was in six hours and it was already 2 o'clock and everyone was coming at eight and what was she even doing planning all of this out again it's so stupid and Harry and Gem told her not to and ah.

In short, Anne was pretty frazzled.

"HARRY IF YOU TOUCH ME ONE MORE TIME SO HELP ME GOD I WILL SLAP YOU ACROSS THE FACE AND NOT FEEL BAD ABOUT IT ONE SINGLE BIT!"

Anne sighed. The boys were home.

Harry stumbled into the kitchen, laughing so hard that tears were coming out of his eyes yet he was making no sound. Louis marched in after him, arms crossed and scowl on.

"What did you do, Harry?..." Anne asked warily.

"He won't stop tickling me!" Louis nearly shrieked, causing Harry to double over in laughter. Again.

"Harry, stop tickling him," she said, in a monotone.

"You heard the woman, stop it!" Louis said, annoyed.

Harry held his hands up in surrender. "I wasn't even doing anything Lou! I stopped aaaages ago."

"More like 30 seconds," Louis muttered under his breath.

"Boys, where are the things I asked you to buy?"

Both Harry and Louis straightened up in surprise at that. "Oh, right, they're still in the car! We'll go get them!" Harry said quickly, and they were out the door in a flash, forgetting all about their squabble.

Anne shook her head. Boys.

~*** *8:00 PM ***~

LOUIS POV

People were pouring into the Styles household. And no, Louis' not joking when he says POURING.

Louis hadn't seen that many people gathered together in one room since....well, since never actually.

He was sitting in the corner on a stool, guarding his drink (he had been bumped into three times already and none of his drinks had survived the collisions) and was looking around, wide-eyed, at all of the guests.

Harry had been put on greeting duty by Anne, and when Louis had offered to help, she had shooed him away with a "No Louis you should go and have fun! Meet people! Mingle!"

So, naturally, he had ended up huddling by himself, off to the side and apart from the masses, waiting for Harry.

He took a sip out of his cup. He was starting to feel claustrophobic.

This was bullshit. He needed to find Harry.

Slowly, he stood up and began to try and make his way through the crowd without falling over. After a few steps, he thought he was making really good progress, but then someone bumped into him from behind and his drink went flying. Again.

Damn it all to hell.

Just. Why.

He didn't even attempt to find it; resorting instead to aggressively pushing aside anyone who was in his way.

It was much more effective. He should have done this before.

He looked over the sea of bobbing heads, looking for the mop of curls he had grown to love. Of course, while doing so, he wasn't looking where he was going and kind of stumbled just a bit.

He really, really hated crowds.

He finally spotted Harry's puffy head, poking out among the sea of people, and let out a very girlish squeak (something that, if anyone had heard it, he would most definitely deny afterward). "Haz!" he called out, desperate to be pulled out of the throng.

The curly head turned to face him quickly, surprised. The boy's eyes widened as he looked at Louis.

Except, the eyes weren't green. They were blue.

And, uh, that wasn't Harry.

Shit.

"God damn it shit fuck FUCK," Louis whispered to himself, getting a look of disapproval from an older man who was standing near him. Louis unashamedly glared at the man. He honestly did not give a single fuck.

This entire situation was just testing his patience. And sanity. And everything actually.

He should have just stayed in his corner.

~*** 9:00 PM ***~

HARRY POV

It was times like this that reminded Harry how much he truly hated people.

He could only say hello and how are you and shake peoples' hands so much. Harry's cheeks were cramping from fake-smiling and he was getting really, really tired. Not to mention irritated.

The flood of guests had stopped, hopefully not temporarily, and Harry's current goal was to find Louis without drowning in the chaos that was his living room.

So far, he wasn't making much progress. People were stepping on his feet, and um, he was wearing new shoes thank you very much and he definitely did NOT appreciate the scuff marks all over them. His mum was going to be so mad, she just bought those for him too!

"Harry!"

He whipped his head around at the sound of his name, having to consciously stop himself from rolling his eyes when he saw who was calling him. Sigh. Max. An old classmate of his who had always been annoying and a very obnoxious drunk.

"How you doin buddy?" Max slurred as he stumbled over, clapping Harry on the shoulder. "Hey Max, doing alright, what about you?" Harry responded politely.

"Fan-fucking-tastc, thank you!" he yelled, taking another swig out of the glass in his hand. "So what have you been up to?"

"Uh," Harry mumbled. "Actually Max, I have to go right now, I'm looking for someone but we'll catch up later, yeah?"

"Hmmm who are you looking for bro? Someone special to share your New Year's kiss with?" Max wiggled his eyebrows suggestively, then burped loudly.

Harry blushed as he tried to pull Max's arm off of his shoulder. "Uh, I'll see you later," he muttered almost incoherently before scampering away.

Cheeks still burning, Harry unconsciously pushed through the crowd, not exactly sure where he was going.

Could...Did Max have a point? Could he kiss Louis at midnight? Would Louis be okay with that?

He didn't have anyone to share a New Year's kiss with, after all...And there wasn't anyone other than Louis that he'd even want to kiss anyways.

Should he?

He gnawed on his bottom lip as he skirted around a particularly large drunk woman in the doorway to the kitchen, and then happened to bump right into his mum. "Harry! I've been looking all over for you, here, I have someone I want you to meet!" She grabbed him by the wrist and dragged him over to whoever it was that she wanted him to talk to, and he pushed thoughts of Louis and the kiss out of his head. For now.

Sort of.