Chapter 21

A/N: woahhh would you look at that? im on a roll! someone had commented on chapter 20 asking if i could update for a third day in a row, and, well, here ya go! anyways, i really, really loved writing this chapter, so i hope you guys like it! feedback makes my life.

Chapter 21

LOUIS POV

Louis would be lying if he said he wasn't nervous when he woke up the next morning. Because he was. Very much so, actually. 

Why? He had no clue. But he was.

Harry just looked so excited about taking him to meet his friends and family and Louis was just Louis, there was nothing all that great about him so he didn't know why Harry was even so excited in the first place, and what if they didn't like him and didn't want him hanging out with Harry anymore or something which would be the worst thing ever, and why'd he even care so much anyways he was just going to his house for a few days and he'd done that with Liam and Zayn countless times but this felt different and he didn't understand why and WOAH Louis calm down and breathe, you're mind rambling.

Huh. Mind rambling. Was that even a thing? Like rambling in your thoughts? Did people do that or was it just Louis? Did-

Louis' seemingly endless mental freakout was interrupted by Harry yelling his name from downstairs. "Your mum said we need to leave now, get down here!"

"Coming!" Louis called back. He grabbed the handle of his suitcase, shut his door, and started rolling it down the stairs. Harry was standing at the bottom, with his dazzling eyes and stupid grin and crazy hair. He looked like he was about to start bouncing off the walls or something. Louis laughed at his friend's eagerness as they made their way to the front door.

****

The car ride to Harry's was an interesting one. Harry was still buzzing with excitement, while Louis was slowly getting more and more nervous. His palms were getting all sweaty, he couldn't stop playing with his hair, and he wouldn't stop fidgeting. Harry seemed to be oblivious to Louis' nervousness though, chattering on about how excited he was for Louis to meet everyone.

It hadn't occurred to Louis until that moment that Harry had never brought anyone home for the holidays before. He had always lived at home and gone to public school up until the beginning of this year, and for the longest time he hadn't even thought he had any friends at Brookside. This was kind of a really big deal to him. 

He smiled to himself, thinking about all of this. Harry was weird. But a really, really good weird.

****

"Bye mum." Louis hugged Jay outside of Harry's house, while Harry ran inside to greet his family (right after hugging Jay goodbye of course).

"Have fun sweetie, don't forget to text or call!" Louis could hear his mum's voice wavering slightly with emotion. He sighed. "Mum, I'll see you in April for Easter hols. It's not that far away, I'm not like, going to war or anything crazy."

"I know, I know, I just...I'll miss my boo bear, that's all," she said quietly, wiping a stray tear off of her cheek.

"How many times have I told you not to call me thaaaat," Louis whined. Jay laughed. "Not enough times, Louis." She leaned in to hug him again. "I love you, sweetheart," she said as she pulled away. "I love you too mum."

She paused for a second, as if debating on whether to say anything more to him. "Louis," she said finally, "Harry's a wonderful boy. He's kind and charming and extremely polite, and he cares about you very much."

"And I care about him too, he's my best mate." Louis shifted uncomfortably, not sure where this conversation was going.

"Just...What I'm trying to say is, keep an open mind about things, yeah?"