Chapter 27

A/N: enjoy x

Chapter 27

LOUIS POV

Louis and Harry held hands on the car ride down to Brookside. They didn't let go once, and didn't say a word.

Louis wasn't really sure where they stood. They kissed for a while that morning in the kitchen, before Harry insisted that Anne and Gemma were going to get home and catch them any minute and that they needed to eat and get ready anyways, so they stopped. Very reluctantly.

They joked around while they ate, Harry feeding him grapes and trying to catch blueberries in his mouth. He was so incredibly silly. Louis adored him so much.

Louis tried not to think about school during breakfast. They were happy, he didn't want to ruin it, or talk about it. But the niggling thought was there, in the back of his mind.

He didn't know what they were; whether they were now dating or not or what. If they were dating, what would they do at school? Would they hide it? Even thinking about that made Louis' head hurt. But Louis decided that that conversation could be saved for another day; this was not a morning to be ruined.

And then, before he knew it, they were back.

"Bye mum," Harry said softly to Anne in the parking lot of the school, wrapping his arms around her tightly. "Oh baby," Anne whispered softly, running her fingers through his curls and kissing the side of his head. "I'll see you over Easter hols, love, that's not too far away."

Harry pulled back, eyes a little more watery than they should be. "But that's months away," he almost whined, shuffling his feet around awkwardly. Anne smiled sadly at her son, and put her hand on his shoulder. "Sweetie you know you can call me to talk anytime, okay? And you have Louis and Niall and Zayn and Liam, you'll be fine."

Harry sighed. "I know, I just...I just miss you a lot, that's all. And Gem. And Robin. And Dusty."

"I know you do, H, and we miss you too. But it won't be long, I promise it'll be over before you know it and then you'll be home again."

Harry bit his lip and wrapped his arms around his mother in response, and she hugged him tightly.

Meanwhile, Louis was just standing there awkwardly to the side while they said their goodbyes. He wasn't even involved and he felt like crying, for god's sakes. Sappy Styleses.

"Alright, I should be going," Anne sighed. "Louis it was great having you, hopefully I'll see you again soon! And I just have to meet your mum, she seems so lovely!"

Louis laughed. "My mum wants to meet you as well. We don't live all that far away from each other, maybe you guys can meet up or something?"

Anne looked at him thoughtfully. "You know what, that's actually a great idea! Let me have her phone number Lou, and we'll set something up."

Harry rolled his eyes, even though he was smiling. Louis smiled because Harry smiled.

He pulled out his phone and read out his mum's number, before thanking Anne profusely for allowing him to stay and for being so kind. She shrugged off all of his thanks, saying that it was nothing and that she enjoyed having him just as much as he enjoyed being there. After hugging Harry one last time and pecking him on the cheek, she was off, and Louis and Harry were stood there in the parking lot, suitcases sitting in front of them and watching Anne drive away.

Louis glanced over at Harry and saw that he looked upset. Very upset, actually. So upset that his bottom lip was starting to wobble, and Louis wouldn't have that. He hated miserable Haz. Miserable Haz made him feel miserable, and then everything got all messed up.