Samaikaporom -ft. Mynthu and her appa

Gowri's POV...

Atthai and I looked at each other with worried expressions.

Me: Atthey

Atthai : Gowri ma... Un face reaction ah patha enakum bayam varamari iruku ma...

(Gowri, the expression on your face is making me feel afraid.)

Me: I am trying attha.... Entha reaction um kuduka kudathunu tha pakurein..... Ana vara sound la apdi ilaiye Atthey...

(I am trying, Atthai... I don't want it to show on my face, but the sounds from the kitchen won't let me stay calm.)

Atthai : nee solrathum vasthavam tha ma..... But trust me my son is good at cooking...

(You have a valid point ma....but trust me my son is good at cooking)

Me : Problem unga son ila attha ula iruka en daughter.. Ithula ava solramari samakaporen nu challenge lam panitu poirikanga..... Sound kekuthu la

(The issue isn't with your son; it's with my daughter... and they've made a bet that he will cook only under her guidance... you can hear them, right?)

Just then we heard...

"Yov apaaah... Naaa tha solran la atha podu... Ithu vena..... "

(Yov Appaah.....I am saying right put that one... not this )

"Papa athu kasakum ma.. "

(Papa, that one will taste bitter ma.)

"Irunthutu pothu naa chef ah ila nee chef ah sonatha sei paah... Atha un vela inaiku... "

(So what.....who is the chef here me or you?.... Just do what I say Appah.....that's your job today)

"Mynthu ma..athu"

(Mynthu ma....that...)

"Issshhhhh vaya moodu.... Ethachu pesuna avlo tha... Sonatha sei.... "

(Isssshhhh Shut up.....Don't speak just do what I said )

You guys must have guessed what is happening. Still, I would like to elaborate on it... The little devil. Athanga en ponnu...(My dear Daughter )

By mistake, her father said that he knows cooking and he cooked for me in the past... 

Avlo tha Shiva va iluthutu kitchen ku poitanga chef samaika....(That's it Chef Madam dragged him to the kitchen to cook  )

Except those two none was allowed inside.....

While Attha and I were polambifying about the condition of the kitchen and the food mama was laughing his heart out. He is enjoying his son and granddaughter's atrocities...

After a lot of shouting and the utensils sounds. Finally ended and there was a complete silence....

Apdi irukathe... Mynthu oru edathula irukapo silence lam vaipilaiye.....

(No chance,    Mynthu and  silence do not settle in a single sentence..)

I turned towards Attha only to see that she was already looking at me...

Attha : Naa nenaikurathu tha neyum nenaikuriya ma....

(Are you thinking the same thing as I am?)

Gowri : ama attha ivanga satham pota kuda nambidalam ana silent ah iruntha namba mudiyathu.... Vanga poi papom....

(Yes Atthai, it's one thing to believe in their shouting and rambling, but this silence is a warning sign... let's go and see what's happening.)