1 - My CW Assignment pt. 1

Izuku Midoriya has been a police detective for a couple of months, so he's still fairly new compared to everyone else in his workplace. He was extremely nervous to start when he first came here, being the rookie and all.

Though it isn't all bad, his best friend and rival Katsuki Bakugou was also assigned here. Him and Katsuki have been best friends since childhood, and even though they had some problems when they were young, Izuku barely thinks about that stuff now.

It was both their dream to become detectives, take down bad guys and save people. They went to the same police academy, training and working together. So Izuku would say they were pretty close!

Since he's only been here for a couple of months, he's mostly been doing paperwork and patrolling. This was the same with Katsuki, so they often got paired together, much to the blonde's displeasure.

Which makes it even more surprising when after getting back from patrolling, the head of their department stops the two of them. The man is hugely built, towering over both Katsuki and Izuku.

He holds a steaming paper cup in his hand, the smell of coffee wafting up to Izuku's nose as he sniffs.

"I need the two of you to come with me."

Izuku glances at Katsuki, and the blonde looks back. His natural glare reads the same message as Izuku's worried expression.

What?

Izuku looks at the towering man and nods, putting a polite smile on his face.

"Of course, sir!"

The man turns and goes to his office, Katsuki and Izuku following silently behind him. The man gets to the door and opens it, going inside. Before entering, Izuku lets out a nervous deep breath, flexing and unflexing his hands to stop the mumbling habit he's had since he was a kid.

Katsuki looks down at him and his fiery eyes stare. The blonde pats his back, albeit too aggressively, sending him forward a little. Izuku gives him a smile, getting the sentiment.

Katsuki has never really been good at giving any sort of affection, often the most Izuku will get is a pat on the back or the blonde ruffling his hair. He relaxes and enters the office, Katsuki following behind him.

The office is small, but that doesn't take away from its magnificence. All over the walls are old pictures and newspaper clippings of Toshinori Yagi, AKA All might. The greatest police detective in history.

He was given many awards, saving millions of people. Izuku and Katsuki have looked up to him since they were kids, he was the main inspiration for them to become detectives.

Izuku has to stop himself from gawking at the third-generation anniversary special limited edition All Might figurine sitting in one of the bookcases that line the far wall of the office.

He sees Katsuki stiffen as his red eyes stare at it. The head of the department sits down in his chair, the wheels creaking under him.