12 - Prince Izuku's Bride Pt. 2

Izuku glances at the peasant on the ground, his emerald eyes scanning him. Izuku takes note of all the people watching the commotion.

"Get up. The mud is no place for you, regardless of status."

The peasant slowly stands, then looks at the knight, his snarl still on his face. There are small gasps and Izuku internally takes a deep breath.

he's really lucky that they were stopped in this town in particular. This place was known to be mostly populated by the lower class, which meant that no one was going to come after Izuku and the king and queen for defending this person.

He looks at the knight and addresses him with a stern, blank look.

"Now. Aren't you supposed to be a knight? A person whose duty is to the people of lower status and his kingdom. I could have your head for doing this."

The knight instantly stiffens, looking at Izuku with further fear in his blue eyes. He looks like he wants to say something, but speaking without permission would surely get him in bigger trouble.

"You've disgraced all the royal knights. You have disgraced the kingdom, and you have disgraced yourself. You are lucky I am willing to forgive this act of stupidity. Get out of my sight."

The knight rushes off, stopping enough to get in one quick bow. His armor makes his retreat loud amongst the gossiping venders and customers on the side of the road.

Izuku turns his attention to the boy on the ground, who is glaring after the retreating knight.

"Come on."

Izuku reaches his hand out, and the blonde looks at him. He takes it after a moment, Izuku pulling him up.

Izuku gets the chance to study him better this time. Blonde spiky hair, red eyes the color of blood, and his face is dirty, his clothes ripped almost to shreds.

Izuku notices that it seems like he hasn't eaten in days by the way he looks exhausted and famished under his intense glare.

Izuku wraps his coat around him, deciding it was better to have him as covered as possible since those clothes looked like they were about to fall apart.

"We don't have much time."

The reason for him taking the carriage would have to wait. Plus, it's not like he was jumping for joy at the idea of going to another suitor meeting. This would be a good excuse to why he didn't go.

Izuku grabs the boy's hand and leads him to the carriage. Still with people watching his every move, Izuku helps the boy into the lavish seat, making sure the boy climbs in before getting in himself.

He shuts the carriage door himself, not wanting to wait for the driver to climb out of his own seat just to do it. He gets himself settled and looks forward.

"Take us to the palace."