6 - My CW Assignment Pt. 2

When he gestures to the two seats in front of his desk, Izuku and Katsuki sit down. Once everyone is settled down, the man clears his throat. He looks at the two of them, his face grim.

"Something urgent is going on. I know the two of you haven't been here for long, but I believe the two of you are more than capable of handling this."

Izuku and Katsuki glance at each other, then back at the man. He sighs, running a hand through his hair, his eyebrows furrowed slightly. He leans back in his chair.

"The higher ups are really getting on my ass about sending people over to investigate, but its not like we have enough manpower to send people over there. So I'm sending you two. Understand?"

They both nod, and the man rummages through his desk, shoving papers away to find what he's looking for. When he does, he holds it out to them. It's a blank folder that seems pretty thick, papers sticking out of the edges.

"Here are the details. I expect full reports daily about how investigations are going, standard procedure. Someone will give you guys a call some time, though i don't really know much about that."

Katsuki grabs the folder before Izuku can, already opening it up and standing. Izuku bolts up from his own chair and bows at the man as he follows Katsuki out the door.

"Thank you very much sir, we won't let you down."

The man hums, his stern eyes already looking through other paperwork on his desk.

"Better not, or you can kiss your jobs goodbye rookies."

----

Izuku sighs, leaning back in his chair to stare into the ceiling. It's dark outside, the office already deserted. There is no one else inside, and the only light source is coming from Izuku and Katsuki's desk lamps. He wipes at his eyes, trying to stay awake.

Him and Katsuki had both poured over the files right when they got the chance to. Honestly, the details made Izuku's skin crawl. It didn't help that he used to know these people. He remembers going to middle school with them all, but it wasn't like they were friends.

More like they used to bully him. Even if they were horrible to him when they were kids, no one deserves to die in this way ever. There have been five victims so far, and all killed the same way.

Extreme burns to their bodies, often so bad that their limbs looked like they were exploded off. The first victim was a lot more gruesome than the other ones, that fact was clear. The man had multiple stab wounds, but no one has managed to find any weapons that could have been used.