2 - A Never Forgotten Promise

The weather was nice.

The clouds were big and white, and one of them looked like an airplane. Or at least that's what Izuku had said as he pointed to one of them.

That's probably the next detail he remembers from that day. The rest of the time, everything had seemed so insignificant and muddled compared to what Izuku and him promised.

It might have not seemed like such a big deal to Izuku, but it mattered a hell of a lot to Katsuki. That's probably why he can never get it out of his head, probably why it's become his only reason for living.

He has dreams about that day every single night. At one point, he tried to forget about it, but he just couldn't. A promise was a promise, and he would make sure to keep it.

Izuku had looked at him with such a sad expression, but there was also a small bit of hope in his eyes. The thought that he had secretly hoped that Katsuki would keep the promise always made him sort of giddy.

He held out his pinky finger and gave Katsuki a smile.

"Kacchan. Can you promise me that if I'm not married by the time we turn 25, we get married to each other?"

Katsuki didn't think the promise was weird. At the time, Izuku was so scared to be alone. Auntie Inko had always gushed about Izuku meeting a cute girl and settling down when he was older.

Inko had a certain idea of the future she wanted her only son to have, which probably put a lot of weight on Izuku's shoulders.

The thought of Izuku marrying someone else made his heart tighten. So, he didn't hesitate for even a second when he linked his pinky with Izuku's.

The promise was made, and there was no turning back. Though Katsuki wished the promise was that Izuku would never try to be in a relationship with anyone other than Katsuki.

This was because he soon realized that Izuku would continue trying to have that perfect future, even with the promise that they would be married.

But that was ok. It wouldn't be very rewarding if there weren't at least some challenges, and Katsuki Bakugou was nothing but persistent.

"Will you please go out with me Midoriya Kun...?"

Katsuki had watched from the second floor in his classroom as the girl bowed. He couldn't hear what she was saying, but he had a pretty good idea.

He mocked her in his mind, making her voice in his head overly high pitched and exaggerated. That's how he imagined this random extra, with her skirt and hair blowing in the wind.

He wished Izuku had heard her this way too, because surely, he wouldn't have turned so red. He wouldn't have taken the letter with the annoying girl's detailed confession.