8 - My CW Assignment Pt. 4

"Like I'd ever do that nerd. Clearly, we aren't getting anywhere right now, so let's take a break. Only for a day so you don't get lazy."

Izuku's smile grows slightly as he takes another sip of his cooling coffee. He's smart enough to know when taking a break is better than steamrolling ahead exhausted.

"Fine."

Katsuki nods, a satisfied look on his face. He throws his empty paper cup in the small trash can next to Izuku's desk.

"Come over tomorrow and we can rest in my place. I'll make you some katsudon."

Izuku feels slightly less exhausted at the thought of eating his favorite food of all time. He perks up and smiles brighter, drinking the rest of his coffee.

"Thank you Kacchan!"

The blonde just grunts out a response, sitting down at his own desk which is right next to Izuku's.

-------

Izuku gets ready the next day, taking his time. They had called in late last night to let the head of the department know they were taking a day off to rest. The man had accepted and told them they better be back to work ready to solve this case.

He ruffles his hair, trying to get the green curls at least a little bit managed. It doesn't work, and he gives up on it like many other mornings. He has taken a shower, got a good night's sleep, and a good breakfast.

He spent the first half of the day just relaxing until it was time to go to Katsuki's house. The two had decided 5 would be the best time for Izuku to show up. So, around the time, Izuku is in his car, already driving to the blonde's house.

He pulls up to the house, parking at the side of the road. He is ready to get out before his phone dings with a notification, so he stops. He picks up his phone and looks at the text.

Kacchan: Got caught up in something. Come at seven instead nerd.

Izuku looks at the text then at Katsuki's house, just deciding to just wait in his car. He leans his seat back, closing his eyes. A couple seconds pass in silence, until an ear-piercing scream comes from the house.

Izuku bolts right up, panicking slightly. He quickly rushes out of his car, running to the house. He turns the knob of the front door, not expecting it to actually be unlocked. He doesn't waste another second and goes inside of the house.

Katsuki's house has always been clean, the blonde had always been very organized and particular about how his place looked. So when Izuku sees items thrown on the floor, he feels even more panicked.

"Kacchan?!"

Izuku hears a loud thud from the kitchen and runs to the room. He's at the doorway of the kitchen before his body freezes.