19 - Radio Host x 911 Operator Pt. 4

He takes off his headset, letting it stay around his neck as he puts the phone to his ear, still ringing. His breath is caught in his throat, and he tries to calm down, his hand gripping the phone even more.

It goes to voicemail, and he instantly goes to call again. Uraraka doesn't say anything, just watching him in silence, her face morphed into one of pity and sadness.

He calls a number of times before angrily putting his phone back into his pocket. His foot thumps on the floor in quick movements, his eyes glued to his equipment in front of him.

Why isn't he answering?! Sure, he's supposed to be at work right now but the line is down so he shouldn't be doing anything, so why isn't he answering his phone?

He always answers his phone when he can, so what's going on? What is Izuku going to do? What is he supposed to do? He can leave the office and go down there to see what's going on himself-

"Izuku. I know what you're thinking and its stupid! Don't even think about going out there by yourself! We both heard what was going on, something isn't right! Someone can be out there right now killing people and you want to go there?!"

Izuku looks at Uraraka, and works his bottom lip between his teeth, even more anxious.

"Right, and those people are calling 911 and the lines are down. The only reason the lines would be down is if something happened to kacchan! He's supposed to be there all by himself tonight, what if he's in trouble?!"

"Bakugou can handle anything Izu, you know this. I'm sure he wouldn't want you doing something so reckless on his account. What if it turns out he's just fine and you get hurt?"

Izuku is silent, looking away from her. Her voice is calm and soft, trying her best to reassure him.

"The best thing for you to do is stay here and warn people as best you can."

Izuku looks at her and he distantly hears the song begin to end. She gives him a determined look, the worry in her eyes still clear as she switches everything in an instant.

Izuku looks away from her and puts his headset back on, switching off the record player as the music fades.

"Hello everyone. I want to use this time to give a serious announcement. The 911 dispatch lines are currently down, and no one is able to get a hold of emergency services. If anyone is in need of help, please call the radio line and we'll try our best to assist you."

Izuku switches the disc and turns on the record player.

"Playing next is I was made for lovin you by kiss. Stay safe out there people."

Izuku hears the microphone being turned off and everything being switched with a click. He sees the Ura line flash, and he clicks the button.