da start

-Shubble-

I breathed heavily.

"Get. This. Thing. Off. Me." I muttered to no one in particular.

The skulk on my left leg wriggled and squirmed. I saw turquoise. Pure pain rolled over my vision.

I banged my head against the white walls of the apartment.

"SHUT UP!" My mum shouted from the other side of the apartment. 

Honestly, that was the least of my worries right now. I steadied my skulk-covered left leg and took a penknife from the cupboard.

I froze. How do you even dig up skulk? I put the penknife back in the cupboard and tucked the skulk under the trousers I'd been wearing.

I never even wore trousers! Sighing, I pushed myself up. Would they notice?

-Lizzie-

Shelby's been acting really weirdly recently. In my five years of her and my friendship, she's never worn trousers. EVER!? Not even when it hit below -10. I was so confused I accidentially bumped into my boyfriend, Joel.

"Hi babe!" I chirped.

"Hey Liz, wanna grab coffee?" He asked.

"Sure!" I replied.

We headed over to The Wyvern to grab some homemade coffee. Every one in the school (except Oli because he hated coffee and said he would prefer sewage water) agreed it was the best coffee shop in the UK. (Yeah so author here this is set in the UK.) 

"Have you seen Shelby lately?" I asked him.

"Yeah, what's up. Has she been hurting you or-"

"NO JOEL!" I cried, exasperated. "Have you not noticed a thing about her? IN THE FIVE YEARS OF BEING MUTUAL FRIENDS AND IN THE SAME GANG YOU FAILED TO NOTICE SOMETHING UP WITH HER?!"

"Ok, ok... She was wearing a brown bandanna instead of the purple one?" He said

"Well, yeah but also, she was wearing trousers." I said.

"What's wrong with wearing trousers?" Joel asked.

"NOTHING! It's just... when have you ever seen her wear trousers?"

"Oh...yeah." Joel said.

"JOEL!" I cried.

"Sorry Liz." He giggled, pecking me on the cheek.

 We finished our coffee and sat hand in hand, until Joel suddenly chirped out:

"Hey Liz?"

"Yeah Joel?"

"Is your football (Soccer for any americans) semi-final coming up soon?"

I perked up "Oh yeah, it's on the fourth of April, five days away."

"Cool." He said. "The boy's is on the fifth."

"Hope you Win!" I said cheerfully.

"You too!" He grinned.

394 words.

Hopefully writers block doesn't get me.