Oopsie daisy.

Also yes I made up desert duo's last names.

-Shelby-

We all sat in the room, pulling our socks on, before Moon burst into the room.

"There's been an incident reguarding Grian Chaos and Scar Desert!" She panted. "They've accidentially set the school on fire and blown up the northern sector and- and the children are being evacuated so we can't play them-"

Loud shouts could be heard.

She ran a hand through her hair. "We can't reschedule. Many of their students are lost and hurt so..."

Tension filled the room. "We have to play our boy's team."

A loud cacophany of sound rose up as we protested further.

"I know this is new." Moon said. "But QeylIS high is withdrawing."

I scanned the room. Everyone was tense.

"Let's go." said Moon.

We filed onto the pitch, facing the boys team. 

We started. Lizzie passed to False, who was tackled by Fwhip.

Fwhip neared Gem, attempting to score but going wide as Gem passed to me.

I passed to Lizzie, who brought the ball upfield as she passed back to me.

It felt so weird racing past Scott and Fwhip, since never had the boys played the girls.

I was tackled by Sausage, which is when all of us realised.

Our teams were pretty even. One of us would need a miracle.

We entered the locker room at halftime. I glanced out of the window.

There was no carnival, no nothing.

I snapped out of my gaze as Moon clapped her hands and we made our way to the pitch.

I had the ball. Scott proceeded to chase me as Lizzie signalled for me to pass.

WHAM! I hit the floor. A sudden pain rushed from my neck, spreading around my body. I saw turquoise.

Oh no.

Not this.

ESPECIALLY not now.

I sucked in long, deep breaths as my vision turned a dark turquoise. The world swirled around. I heard a distant voice say "Shelby? SHELBY!" 

I heard a muddled, familiar voice as pirate Joe said "She's fine... She's faking it."

I gritted my teeth as a string of swear words escaped my mouth, unable to contain themselves any longer. Suprised shouts echoed around me as turquoise turned black.

-Scott-

I sat with Katherine and Jimmy in the waiting room, glancing up every so often as I patted Katherine on the back.

My stomach knotted with anxiety. Shelby had only swore once, from what I knew, which was when nearly shattered her entire leg bone jumping off the roof of my house for a dare. And even then, she'd only sworn once.

The doctor arrived. "You may see her now."

Lizzie and Jimmy made to get up, but I held up my hand and gestured for Katherine to go.

Lizzie and Jimmy grinned at me.

-No one's POV-

Katherine walked into the room nervously as a pale Shelby stared back at her. Katherine tackled her into a hug.

Shelby began to stutter some words before sobbing uncontrollably into Katherine's shoulder.

Katherine, who looked uncomfortable at this, just put her arms round Shelby, comforting her. They sat there for a long time before Shelby's sobs were reduced to hiccups.

They parted and Katherine gave Shelby a reassuring smile. Shelby smiled back.

"So..." Katherine said awkwardly.

Shelby paled as she seemed to remember something. "So you know my secret?" 

"I won't tell anyone." Katherine said hurriedly.

Shelby sighed. "I was rejected in my application for the witching school because... because I was Bi and Ace."

Katherine gasped. She'd not known this part of her secret. "W-why?"

"Witches aren't used to change. But also... they like to keep things... tradtional." Shelby spat out the last word.

"Just let Scott at them!" Katherine burst out, and they both laughed.

Shelby smiled. "No need. I've already got accepted into Bertha's magic school for witches."

Katherine gazed at her. "But... you won't be able to see us!"

Shelby waggled her finger at Katherine. "We take Saturdays and Sundays off, and with their new brooms and riding familiars, I can get to you guys in a jiffy."

They smiled at each other. "I know this is a really bad time to ask this..." Katherine broke off.

"What?" Shelby asked curiously.

"Will you be my girlfriend?" Katherine asked nervously.

"YES!" Shelby said enthusiastically, making Katherine grin as they kissed.

672! I'm writing about 2 more chapters before this story is done!

Good day or Night!