DA BIG DAY!

-Shubble-

Football. Ok no problem. 

Except for the fact I'd been sleeping under a tree in Thornwood park.

I groggily sat up and decided I needed to do something to get ready.

An hour later and sweat was running down my back as I counted pushups.

398, 399-

Oh crap.

I was late. I checked my phone. No biggie. The football was at lunch.

But Maths was a whole different story.

"S-sorry." I panted as I arrived on the doorstep for math. The class turned to face me.

Katherine was the first to react. "Shelby..."

"What? Oh it's over hahahaha... Where is Gem?" I asked.

"Well..."

"Crap! Moon still hasn't got the news, we might be goalkeeperless!" Katherine said.

"I can be brush-goalie?" False offered.

"No..." PING! A text went off in Katherine's phone.

"W-what is it?" Asked Lizzie, almost nervous.

"She... SHE'S COMING WITH GEM!" Katherine shouted.

A cheer rose from our table. "C'MON WHAT YOU CHEERING FOR?" Lizzie shouted "IT'S IN 10 MINUTES!"

I took a deep breath as I stepped onto the field. This was it. Moon had come back with Gem, and now we had to face Rux high. (DSMP, I translated it into Latin ok?)

"Penalty to Rux high!" The referee bellowed. Drista smirked as she stood up, faking a limp. I gritted my teeth. We stepped by the goal. Nikki took the shot.

(Btw, Nikki, Puffy, and Drista are the main ones I'll write about, there are others, just like the Imperiya high team)

"GOAL!" The ref bellowed. "0-1 TO RUX HIGH!"  

It was an even match. By halftime, no one else had scored a goal. Though Drista, Nikki, Lizzie and me all had yellow cards, and two more penalties had been taken, one for Rux high, one for us.

The locker room was pretty desolate as we formulated plans.

I saw Joel and Scott in the crowd, though it's not like we were friends anymore.

I tackled the ball from Drista. I saw Katherine head up and passed it to her. I saw the ball fly towards the goal. 

And it hit the back of the net.

Katherine was a gold-green blur of football kit as she did a celabration. I smiled and we high fived.

1 more minute. I ran away from our goal with the ball.

30 seconds. Ball tackled off me by Nikki.

I doubled back, cleanly slide tackling her.

She gritted her teeth and gave chase as I ran away.

10 seconds.

I was only at the halfway line. Dimly, I realised I was never going to make it.

5 seconds.

Now or never. I gave it the hardest kick I could, clearing it.

The goalie dived.

It soared towards the top corner and made a soft thunk as it bounced off the left post into the goal.

Everyone rushed onto the pitch. I was on top of the world. We hadn't won the league yet, but we had a chance of winning the league in our last year.

We had failed many times, but slowly, as veteran players left, we built up this team.

We would try our hardest to make this year the one.

Note: 489 words! Sorry for slow upload, just released a book called The destiny of our world, you can go check it out. Also short chapter, sorry for that too!