Chapter 3

Chloe trails behind me as I walk with Logan. Logan stops abruptly and freezes. He looks around then grabs my arm.

" Listen, I didn't have a choice. I really am sorry. But, you should've known better. Trust is fatal, when you are a spy," he says. I gasp and pull away. How does he know?

Then a deep voice comes out of nowhere in particular. It seems to be surrounding us.

" Do you have the girl? " it asks.

" Yes she is in my possesion, " says Logan as his grip on me tightens. They are talking about me! I twist out of his grip and swing my arm for a punch. He catches it mid-swing. " Darling, I am afraid you are behind in your training, " he says.

He twists my arm backwards and shoves me to the ground. I cry out in pain, but I don't move. If I do, my arm will break. So I lay still, breathing heavily.

" You will do as I say. If you choose to disobey me, Nelli will be the one hurt, " he says.

" Let her go she has nothing to do with this, " I say through clenched teeth.

" My dear, you are quite a slow learner, " he starts but I cut him off.

" I am no longer your dear, " I say.

" You are my dear until I declare otherwise. And Nelli has everything to do with this. She means something to you. You won't care if we hurt you. But, you will care if we hurt her, " he says. Shoot, everything he said is true. I do care about her and I will do anything to protect her. " Now stand, " he commands. I do as he says, but only because of Nelli.

Logan shoves me forward. Reluctantly, I let him guide me. We walk stariaght along the pathway, which seem to be leading us exactly to where we  must go. But, I don't focus on where we are going. Instead I focus on Nelli.

How in the world did they ( whoever they may be ) manage to capture Nelli? I never mentioned where she lives to Logan. Did he ever drive her home a any point? No he couldn't have. Unless...oh shoot. After that party last week I made him drive because Nelli was drunk and I was too tired. How could I have been so stupid and naive?

How did I not know that Logan was against me? Wasn't it obvious? Of course it was obvious. The way he asked too many questions about what I was doing and my location. The way he wanted to know every little detail about me. All the legal documents of mine he wanted to see. But, I was so stupidly giddy in love that I didn't realize what was happening.

I choke down a sob and force the tears away. I will not cry. Not in front of him not where he can see that he has won. And that I have lost the battle because of love. But, it wasn't love. No, it wasn't real. It only went one way.

" My love, listen closely. If you step out of line once Nelli is dead understood? " he asks harshly. I twist in his grip and spit in his face.

" You are a monster. I hate you, " I say. He slaps me across the face.

" You stepped out of line, " he says, evenly. A scream fills the air around us.

" Nelli, " I gasp.

" I will ask again. Do you understand? " he asks. This time I nod.