Chapter 15

I am so lost. Okay well not really, I am with Logan and he seems to know his way around this place but personally I have no clue as to where I am. And the fact that I was asleep coming here doesn't help anything. But you can't blame me. I was electrocuted multiple times and even with healing slaves your body can't function properly after tramatizing experiences. Even though that wasn't really all that traumatizing it still put a lot of physical stress on my body. In fact I am pretty shocked I haven't dropped dead yet.

I shudder at that thought. As much I wanted to die earlier I can truthfully say that that is no longer the case. I mean it still hovers in the back off my mind but I doubt that it will ever go away and quite honestly talking helped. Not a lot, but perhaps a little, tiny bit. Emphasis on the little, tiny part.

I am jerk out of my thoughts when I run straight into something and fall down. To be honest I completely forgot we were running in the first place. As I realize this my shortness of breath catches up to me and I sit on the ground panting heavily and feeling as though I truly might drop dead from lack of oxygen. My lungs burn from all of the air I am taking in but they burn more from the lack of air. Well actually I don't really know which one is making it burn worse. Not that I care or anything but I don't really have control over my thoughts anymore.

Still panting, I look up and see what I ran into. Well actually it isn't exactly an object or an it for that matter. I ran into a girl. She has straight, purple hair, I mean like bright, neon purple hair. And pale, lifeless hazel eyes. Her eyes are actually kind of pretty. I mean the way the green and brown blend together, it almost looks fake. She is super thin and I don't mean like I am a cheerleader and I need to be a stick thin, I mean unhealthy thin. The kind of thin that makes you want to shove food down her throat until she pukes, just to try to put some weight on her. Alright so that is nobody's instinct but I have already established the fact that I am no longer mentally sane. Why is it mentally sane? I mean I don't think I am physically sane either, but what's the difference?

She looks at me with wide eyes, as if she can't believe I am real. Well its either that or the fact that she is shocked at my injuries. But the former makes me feel like a fairy princess so I am going to stick to that one. Why do I feel like a fairy princess? Maybe I should meet a mental therapist soon.

" Who did this to you? " she asks.

" Nicholas, " I respond without thinking about my answer.

" My...brother? " She asks. Oh shoot this is the girl Logan is supposed to marry. I nod slowly.

" Where are you running? " she asks. 

" To freedom, " I say.

" I am coming with. I do not wish to remain a prisoner to my brother for any longer, " she states.

" Oh... um... " I trail off. What do you say after that? For a supposedly mental girl she sure sounds intelligent. She reaches down to help me up.

" I am Alaina by the way, " she comments.

" Penelope, " I mutter, still trying to process what just happened.

" Pen? Pen is that you? " asks Logan frantically. Oops I may or may not have forgotten he was with me for a brief period of time there. Alaina tenses up at his voice and instantly wraps her arms around her self.

" Yes, " I respond. He comes around the corner and looks from me to Alaina and back again. He does this for a full minute before I start to feel incredibly awkward.  I look down at my feet realizing I dropped Chloe when I fell. She sits calmly at my feet. I bend down and pick her up.

" What is going on? " asks Logan slowly.

" She is coming with us, " I say gesturing to Alaina. He shakes his head.

" No, big fat no. Alaina go back to your room, " says Logan. She makes no move to follow his command instead she just stares at him in fear. I grab her arm. She relaxes slightly at my touch. She has something against males. So I bet it was a guy who kidnapped her.

" She is coming with us. You can't change that, " I say.

" Nicholas will kill me if he finds out, " he says. I roll my eyes.

" Key word if. He won't find out because you won't see him again, " I say.

" I will when I come back, " he says matter of factly.

" You are not coming back. We can have this discussion later, but right now we need to get out of here, " I say harshly. Logan simply turns around and walks down the hallway he came out of and I run after him, tugging Alaina along with me. We reach the end of the hallway and I find the door to the outside is already open. I check to make sure I have both my knife and Chloe. After finding that I do, I step out and pull Alaina out as well. Logan presses a button and the door to the inside of that place closes.

Logan then begins briskily walking down the path. Alaina and I follow, both remaining completely silent. Because quite honestly, I think both of us are thoroughly terrified of him at the moment. Not that I hold it against Alaina or anything, I mean being kidnapped is certainly traumatizing. Not that I find it particularly traumatizing, but I tend to not feel a lot of emotion. Scratch that I feel a lot of regret, hatred, and betrayal currently. But in my defense I  recently had my now who i think is considered my ex kidnap me and hand me over to an attractive, nerdy, stalker, and quite possibly insane guy who wants revenge on a kidnapper and I also had this spontaneous urge to die (which I really don't want to do, at least not anymore). And I just kind of happen to be one of those people who isn't officially depressed but doesn't exactly qualify as totally fine, so I tend to only feel negative emotions for a brief period of time. I am not stuck with my emotions for long so they don't traumatize me, I guess.

I wonder if anyone knows a phyciatrist who is in New York. Preferably somebody's family friend or their actual family member. Also someone who is not a dream freak, like that one professer in Harry Potter who freaked out over the grim in Harry's tea leaves and made them stare a crystal balls. I don't think drinking excessive amounts of tea, smelling lavender, talking about my dreams, and doing some weird palm reading thing is going to help with my sanity. In fact, if anything it will probably make it worse. If that is even possible that is, considering I doubt people like her actually exist in real life. Well if they do, then I sure as heck haven't meant them. Not that I want to or anything I just find it somewhat odd. I mean I have been to boardwalks before. But then again I refuse to approach even those Zeldar things. Hey I watched Big before and if that isn't enough to scare me than I don't know what is. I don't think I could stand growing up and getting a hard core job.

Yep I definitely am questioning my mental stability now. I mean I was before but the seriousness just escalated by ten.