Chapter 10

I expect Nicholas to pull away and slap me, or yell at me. But he doesn't. Instead he kisses me back, and wraps his arms around me. His hands slip into my hair. I gasp in shock. Yet he still kisses me.

The nerve of this idiot! How am I supposed to get out of this? He was not supossed to kiss me back! I was supposed to be a distraction from his question not some long lost girl friend of his, geez. I place my hands on his chest hoping he'll get the hint, and release me. But, of course he doesn't. How stupid can you be, if your the head of whatever organization this is? I mean really, is my hint not obvious enough? I press my hands against his chest and try to lightly shoving him away.

He pulls back slightly. Finally, he got the message. He smirks at me.

" You know, I can see why Logan has become very protective of you. You seem to be able to pull every guy under your spell, including me. That is quite the skill, " he says. I gape at him and he laughs. " I have been wanting to do that for awhile now. "

" What is that supposed to mean? " I ask, cautiously.

" Well you see, I have been watching you for quite awhile now. Enough time to fall for you, and your innocence," he says. Whoa, definitely did not see that one coming. I am rendered speechless.

" Wait...what? How? " I stammer.

" Darling I don't even know myself, " he replies. Oh my gosh, he just called me darling! He runs a finger down my cheek. " Unfornately, we have had our... complications, per say, but we can still make this work. I could give you anything you would ever want. " Congratulations you have officially become a creepy stalker guy on top of this evil nerd with Tom Cruz hair. Can you get any more confusing?

" Anything... I want, " I murmur, absentmindedly.

" Yes, anything you want, " he whispers in my ear. Shoot! I was not supposed to say that out loud! I have to play along now... great.

" Freedom... I want my freedom, " I say. His expression darkens.

" I am not an idiot. If we were to try to make this work, you will stay with me, " he says. Then Nicholas stands up abruptedly and turns around. He storms out of my prison cell and slams the door behind him. I invontarily flinch. Well, it was worth a shot...right? Oh well, I'll just wait for Logan.

I stand up hastily and rub my hand against my lips. That was awful! Absolutely,horridly awful. I can't stand the thought of him, let alone the feeling of his lips on mine. Ew...ew...ew, he touched me! His hands were on my face and in my hair!

First thing when I get home I am taking the longest and hottest shower of my life. When, I get home... will that be tonight? Logan said we would leave tonight. But can I still trust him? Maybe he was bluffing. He probably doesn't even have Chloe. And there is no way he will be able to get both me and Nelli out of here. He was lying. I am sure of it. He just said that to make me trust him. Tonight he will come to my cell, but he won't rescue me. He will just take me back to that torture room. I shudder at that particular thought.

I begin pacing back and forth in my cell, contemplating all of the reasons that justify that Logan did indeed lie to me. I have no idea how long I pace my cell, but then again, I don't even know how long I have been in this cell. Or how much more time I have until nightfall. Well, this is going to be a long day...or afternoon...er whatever it is.

Geez, people really can go crazy in prison cells. I suddenly feel a lot of sympathy for all of the criminals behind bars. No wonder half of them are so desperate to escape. I mean digging a hole with a spoon doesn't really sound all that ridiculously crazy anymore. It could get me out of this place. Or maybe I have a fairy godmother. Oh, I bet I  do!

" Hello, fairy godmother! Now would be a lovely time to make your presence known! " I yell to the ceiling of my prison cell. Holy biscuits, I am literally going crazy. Yikes! I think in am going to sit on my cot now.

I sit down and put my head in my hands. I need out of here.