Chapter 14

My eyes flutter open and I find Logan looking down at me.

" Hey Penelope we are where Nelli is, " he whispers. I remove my arm from his neck and rup the sleep from my eyes. I am still tired but I know if we want to make it out of here alive then I need to pretend to be awake. He gently puts me down on the ground and creeps towards the doorway in front of us. I follow his movements and press myself against the wall as I peek inside. There are crates lineing the walls creating a makeshift sheild we can use if need be. I can't see Nelli, which means she must be on the same wall the door is on. I have no doubt she is still chained to the wall. Two guards sit at opposite ends of a crate playing checkers. Seriously? Checkers? Well this is rather cliché.

Logan motions for me to follow him. We slip behind the crates closest to the door. Somehow the guards didn't even notice us. Wow... they really suck at this job. I set Chloe down on the ground and signal for her the stay quiet and heel, she obeys already shifting into work mode. We keep close to the crates and watch the guards closely, all the while keeping our footsteps silent. For me it isn't all that hard with my training and the fact that somewhere along the line I lost my shoes. We make it all the way around the room, stopping right behind the guards who are still focused on their game of checkers.

I crouch down and inch forward slightly. Logan does the same and Chloe prepares to jump. I reach into the nearest accessible crate and pull out an object. It turns out to be a Batman action figure. Seriously? This Nicholas dude is probably the strangest person I have ever met. I shake my head and focus. Well here goes nothing.

" I'm Batman, " I mutter under my breath. Then I take the action figure and chuck it across the room. I hit a crate along the other wall from where we are. Both guards stand up and go over to the action figure. Neither of them bothering to look where it was thrown from. I roll my eyes. Knuckleheads. Once I am sure they are focuses on the action figure I move so I can see Nelli. She is watching the gaurds from her place chained against the wall. I reach in to the crate again and pull out another action figure. This time it's Spider-Man. I slide it across the floor. It bumps her foot. She looks down at it and her eyes trail along the ground before resting on me. Her eyes widen and her mouths forms an 'O'. I press a finger to my lips and she nods, quickly masking her expression. Something she is good at because of her various flirting expeditions. Hey, you can't let they guy know the affect he has on you. If he knew he would start acting like an arrogant jerk and making multiple comments meant to put you on edge.

Logan taps my shoulder. I turn around. ' What are you doing? ' he mouths. 'Trust me' I mouth back. He nods once and I advert my attention to Chloe who is still lying on the ground ready to jump.

" Chloe, attack, " I whisper. She jumps up and scrambles over to the guards. She let's out a bark before throwing herself at one of them and latching on to his ankle. The guard yells in pain and tries to shake her off. But I know from personal experience the Chloe's little needle like teeth have a strong grip. I jump up and Logan follows. We sprint over to the guards. I take the one Chloe has and Logan takes the other one.

" Hey! " I shout. He looks over at me and he narrows his eyes.

" How'd the little girlie escape? " he asks with a wickedly creepy grin.

" That doesn't concern you in the slightest. Besides you are really smart enough to understand. And its not like you could put me back any way, " I say purposely egging him on. " Chloe release! " I shout. She obeys and scurries out of the way before his hands can catch her. " See you can't even catch my dog. There is no way you could catch me. " He narrows his eyes and charges at me. I easily sidestep him and spin around. I spread out my legs so my feet are shoulder width apart, then I bend my knees and position my arms at my side but out far enough so that I can easily fight. He charges again and this time I don't back away instead I swing my leg, in a side kick, at his stomach. I make contact and he grunts. He reaches his hands out to grab me but I place my foot on his chest and he stumbles backwards. He swings his fist in a huge arc, I easily duck and throw my own punch. My fist connects with his nose. I hear a sickening crack and blood trickles down his face. Its broken. " Awwwww, look at that your losing to a girl. How pathetic. " I say while batting my eyelashes. He growls, like an actual growl so he sounds like a dog. If the moment wasn't so intense I would probably be laughing by now. He comes at my again with yet another arcing punch. I grab his wrist and twist his arm back against his back. I shove him to the ground. He screams a whole lot of cuss words I will never in my life ever repeat. This could be kinda fun, in a rather cruel morbid kind of way.

" Call uncle, " I command.

" Never, " he says. I push his arm closer against him.

" Say it, " I warn as he howls in pain, letting out another string of cuss words. He doesn't say uncle. Hey he asked for it. I push his arm harder and twist, hearing yet another sickening crack. Broken. He screams.

" Uncle. Uncle. Uncle, " he practically sobs. I release his arm and grab his head. I bang it against the ground, hard. He is silent after that. I check his pulse to make sure he is still alive. What can I say I happen to be a nice person who would rather not have someone's blood on my hands. Luckily he isn't dead. I grab the key from the waist band of his uniform and run over to Nelli. I glance at Logan and find that he has pinned down the other gaurd. I crouch down in front of Nelli and frantically begin unlocking the chain in her wrist.

" Penny, " she whispers.

" I'll explain everything as soon as we get out of this place okay? " I tell her, as I move on to the other wrist.

" L-Logan... he's a traiter, " she mutters.

" Yeah I know but he is our only chance out of this place, " I say. Both her wrists are unshackled and she slumps forward against me. I catch her before she hits the ground, but my arms shake from the effort of holding her up. Logan comes up beside me a scoops her up into his arms bridel style. She mutters a weak, incoherent protest but Logan ignores her.

I pick up Chloe and both of us take off sprinting. Sprinting to our escape.