Chapter 4

Logan shoves me forwards again and I have no choice,but to do what he wants me to. However, what he doesn't realize is that while we walk I can establish a plan. One that will get both me and Nelli out of this place safely.

Once I locate Nelli I should be able to signal her, as long as she is still conscious, that is. Once the signal is made I can alert her that I am there. From there I will take out any guards and possibly their leader, if he is acessible. Then i can free nelli and leave. But the if there are guards at the entrance then the plan will have to be modified.

I could take out those guards and then any other remaining ones. Then I could go after the leader. At that point Nelli should have noticed that I am there. So I can skip the signal and just go straight to freeing her. However, I suppose it would depend on how she is imprisoned. If she is chained up then I will either have to break the lock or piclock it. But, if she happens to be in a prison cell or cage I will definitely need the guard's key. I can get ahold of their key right after I take them out. Hopefully these guards are dimwitted. If they have been educated and trained that plan may not work out as planned.

So if they happen to be educated and trained I will have to fight them. I hope they are slow fighters. But, if they swarm me I won't stand a chance alone. And, unfortunately , there is no possible way for me to call backup. Even if I could manage to call backup then wouldn't get here in time.

Then of course there is the whole problem as to whether or not I will be I prisoned when I arrive. If I am imprisoned and my guards are dimwitted, I can talk them into releasing me or giving me the key. But, if they are smart I would have to fight them through the bars of my cell or cage. That would be incredibly challenging so, hopefully the guards are dimwitted.

Thinking about it now I am not actually sure if I can fight a bunch of guards. I am still tired from training. Geez, Logan knows my schedule too well. Did I really tell him that much or has he been stalking me? And what about it they torture me for information? If that happens I know I wont be able to fight whatsoever.

Then the deep voice surrounds us again. " Are you close to the entrance? I cannot wait forever. "

" Yes, sir, we are very close. I have a visual of the doors, " yells Logan. However in front of us there are no doors only a single black mountain with a cave on the side. Logan leads me to the entrance of the cave and I finally find the courage to speak.

" Why are you doing this to me? " I ask.

" For the reward, " he responds. Then he pushes me through the opening of the cave.  A black door slides shut with a thud. I look around at the perimeter of the cave. There is no exit. There is no way out. I have a feeling the guards will be both educated and trained. Not a good sign.

" Chloe! " I call out, hoping she made it in the cave with me. Something furry nuzzles my ankle and I sigh. She is here and smart enough not to bark or make any noise to alert them that she is in here. I sit down and Chloe jumps into my lap.

The I pull out my knife and slice the tip of my finger. I smear my blood on the handle and a faint glow is emitted from the blade. I squint and pear closely at it. Slowly I begin to make out a fuzzy image on it. Two guys stand front of a slouched figure that appears to be chained to a wall. It must be Nelli! The guys appear to be talking but I can't make out what they are saying. Then one of the guys nods and the image disappears.

Then something in the corner of my eye catches my attention. I look up and find a blue spark in the corner of the cave. The spark grows, quickly, until the entire cave is covered in a inner shell of lighting. Then all at once the inner shell of lightning collapses.

It hits me and I scream out in pain. My body convusles repeatedly. I don't stop screaming and the lightning continues to move around my body until I am completely wrapped in it. The more I move the worse it hurts and my body keeps involuntarily convulsing. The pain is excruciating. And I can't even will myself to blackout.

Through the pain and my screams I somehow manage to hear the deep voice. " Turn it up to the highest setting. "

" Sir that could kill her, " says a voice. I think it may be Logan.

" Are you disobeying orders? " says the deep voice.

" No sir, " says who I think might be Logan.

Then the pain triples and I scream louder as the lightning travels across my body. My body convulses violently one last time and then, finally the relief of blackness consumes me.