Chapter 17

Rhaegar, Aemma, Viserys, and Vissera watched in awe as their mother approached in her Valyrian robe and headdress. She looked like a goddess descended from the heavens as she gracefully walked towards the septum and Aegon. 

Rhaegar knew why his mother was marrying another weak man. He had asked her after she received a raven and Daenyra had a policy of never sugarcoating or lying to her children. She was pregnant with probably Aegon's child. He was also the current king of Westeros. 

Love is a weapon his mother wielded so well. Aemma was slowly picking up her mother's habits, unfortunately, she had no one to practice on as her own brothers were too clever for her schemes. 

Aegon looked like he was ready to fall on his knees and worship Daenyra as she walked towards him. When they met at the front of the crowd, Aegon smiled a real true smile that only Daenyra could pull from him. 

Lord James Baratheon of Pentos carried to the front the golden goblet and the secret dragonglass blade. Daenyra smiled at him, holding the blade first. 

She looked up to Aegon, a masterfully crafted mask of love and adoration adorning her face as she lightly slid the blade down his bottom lip. He took the blade wincing as he slid the blade down her bottom lip to match his own. 

They cut their palms allowing the blood to flow into the golden goblet so their blood can mix together. Aegon was first to then rubs a mark in his blood on her foreheads; to signify the continuation of the bloodline. Daenyra followed shortly, marking him as hers. They both sipped from the blood-tainted wine as the septer spoke the High Valyrian sacred words. 

At the conclusion of the ceremony they joined bloodied lips in a passionate kiss, smiles lingering on their faces as they separated. 

The Essosi crowd went ballistic at the beautiful scene of love for their beloved queen. 

Derek stood to the side, jaw clenched, but lightly clapping as he watched the woman he loved marry her brother. He had thought he had more time with her before she had to remarry but unfortunately for him, Daenyra doesn't stay stationary for long. 

Aemond had a similar reaction to his brother and sister's marriage. He had been working so hard as Lord of Volantis only to receive a raven that he had to fly to Camalot to attend the wedding of the woman he loved. Not just anyone married her, no... she married his own brother. The heartbreak ate at him 

Ravens were sent out to kingslanding, dragon stone, and the Lords of Westeros and Essos informing all of the marriage. 

The celebrations commenced and all of Essos celebrated with their queen and new king consort. 

Aegon carried his new bride into their bed chambers, his smile never fading. Her bell-like giggles filled the room, warming it with joy as he kissed her neck. 

It wasn't the first time they had laid together, clearly. The evidence of their passions grew in her belly even now. In the back of his mind he thought he should probably be mourning the loss of his first wife and children. However he couldn't find in himself anything but unadulterated glee. 

His every dream, every desire, had finally come to pass. He would never be separated from his heart again. She was everything to him, the other half of his soul. 

He kissed her and every problem faided away. 

She was his and he was hers, from this day until he end of their days. 

The night air filled with the echoes of their pleasures as they became of one body once more. The new Queen consort of Westeros and the new King consort of Essos, equal to each other in every way.