Chapter seven

Frankie's POV:

I spent the next hour and a half in Taylor's office alone.

My leg was still hurting loads, but I tried my very best to ignore it. The Advil helped but it didn't fully subside the pain.

What I was really worried about was getting home.

I didn't want to ask anyone for a life home, and realistically couldn't as I didn't have a key. And I knew that mum would only be free to pick me up hours from now.

I messaged her anyway, explaining the situation and that I wouldn't be able to get to wherever she wanted to pick me up from.

And to the surprise of absolutely no one, she didn't respond.

I spent a while massaging my leg with one hand, and scrolling through tik tok with the other. Which worked quite well.

Soon enough though, the day was over and Taylor came back in.

"Hey, how's your leg." She said, depositing her stuff at her desk and walking over to me.

"Better." I said, stopping the massage.

"Good, I don't have anything to do here and am about to head off, do you need a lift anywhere?" She asked me.

"No no it's fine, I'll go back to my trailer and wait for my mum to come" I said, knowing full well she wouldn't be driving to the set just to pick me up.

"Are you sure sweetie? I really don't mind" she said, opening a can of coke.

"Yea I'm sure, thank you for offering, and letting me sit here this afternoon. And I'm sorry again." I said, still embarrassed.

"No problem at all, and you really don't have to keep apologising, it was not your fault and I really don't care about having to pause the activity to make sure you're ok." She said, sitting down next to me.

I nodded, my eyes welling with tears and my throat getting choked up.

"Hey don't cry, is there something else upsetting you?" She asked, pulling me in for a hug.

I shook my head into her chest, the very last thing I wanted her to know was that I was not infact ok.

"Ok, you know you can talk to me about anything, right, I might just be your director but I really care a lot about you. Honestly." She said, breaking away from the hug and staring at me.

I nodded, wiping the last few of my tears with my sleeve.

Just then I felt my phone buzz with a notification.

"Want to check that?" She asked me.

nodding, I pulled my phone out of my pocket and saw the notification was a text message from my mum.

Mum.
Frankie that's absolutely ridiculous.
I'm not fucking dropping everything just to collect you Because you had a bad day. Grow up your not a baby.

I will pick you up at some time from 9:00 onwards outside the park.

My heart sunk in my chest. What was I supposed to do now?

I looked up from my phone, suddenly considering that Taylor probably read the message.

"Is everything ok?" She asked.

"Oh yea, my mum was just saying that she was going to pick me up from this park." I said, quickly shoving my phone in my pocket.

"What park?" She asked me.

"Uhm, the one on earl street." I said, scrolling Jo to the message she has sent me yesterday

"What a lift?" She asked again.