Chapter 52

Taylor's POV:

Frankie and I stepped outside the door and onto the terrace to greet Travis.

His car pulled up, he got out, thanked and payed the taxi driver, got his luggage, and then came up towards us.

"Hey!" He said, letting go of his suitcase and putting his arms around me in a hug.

I was shocked, as I didn't fully expect it, but I hugged him back nonetheless. He was a lot taller and bigger than me, and his hug felt safe.

Once our hug broke off, he introduced himself to Frankie, and gave her a high-five before we walked into the house.

"Want me to show you to your room?" I asked him as we re entered the house.

"Uh, yeah sure." He said, taking off his shoes.

"Frankie do you want to come?" I asked her. I figured she wouldn't, but I didn't want her to feel like I didn't want her to.

"No, I'll stay down here, my legs acting up I wouldn't trust myself on the stairs right now." Frankie said.

"Alright honey, are you okay?" I asked her, concerned. she had

"Yeah, I was just stood up for too long at the funeral." She said nodding.

"Okay, go rest on the sofa then babe." I said to her, rubbing her back lightly as we walked through the house.

We soon split off, as Frankie headed to the living room, and Travis and i continued towards the stairs.

"How are you doing?" Travis asked a moment after we'd separated from Frankie. "Honest answers only." He added, as I was just about to speak and say "I'm fine"

"A bit less than fine." I admitted, feeling the all too familiar pain sink in as I knew we were about to talk about Joe.

"Okay, is that because of joe?" He asked. Hearing his name was still a knife to the heart, I cringed at hearing it, luckily we were going single file up the stairs, so he didn't see.

"Yeah." I said sighing.

"Has he messaged you again, since we spoke yesterday about him?" Travis asked.

"Yep." I said, having to keep my answers short as I could feel the tears creeping up on me, and I didn't want to cry right now.

"What's he saying?" Travis asked.

I took my phone out of my back pocket and gave it to him, not particularly wanting to see the messages again.

"Is that a zip code?" He asked, seeing the latest message.

"It sure is." I said, continuing to lead us to travis' room.

"Where is the zip code for?" He next asked.

"The church that Frankie's moms funeral was." I said sighing.

"What the fuck? That's stalking Taylor." Travis said, his voice serious.

"I mean, he probably found it online or something," I said to him.

"Did he go to the funeral?" Travis asked.

"I don't know, but I had bought some of my security, 'disguised' as just normal people, but if they saw him they would have told him to leave, and would have told me he was there." I said, more so saying it to comfort myself and tell myself there was no way he could have been there.

"Hopefully he was just trying to scare you, not that that good obviously, but it's better than him being there." Travis said.

"Yeah, I hope so. I think he knows that if he actually tries anything I will call the police, but likewise he also knows that unless he's actually a danger I won't do anything legally about it." I said shrugging.