Summary

Copyright:

This is a work of fiction. Names, characters, businesses, events, and incidents are the products of my imagination. Any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, or actual events is purely coincidental.

© Heidi Mae Wahlberg 2022. All rights reserved.

Logline: A woman becomes a live-in nanny in a lavish home she can only dream about but starts falling for the one man beyond her reach--her brother-in-law.

Summary:

She's everything he could have dreamed of and more. He's the only one she wants and everything she needs. But fate is cruel, and so is her sister...

Dani Valentine and her half-sister, Alyssa Romano, grew up on opposite sides of the world. Despite her rough upbringing, Dani has always tried not to envy what she doesn't have and has steered clear of the entitled and snobby Alyssa.

But when broke and hopeless is about to become lost and homeless, Dani has no other choice and accepts a rare job offer from Alyssa as a live-in nanny. This gives her a bird's eye view of her sister's picture-perfect life, including her adorable little son Gavin, and her handsome husband, Rocco.

It doesn't take long to see that perfect is an illusion and everyone is miserable.

The relationship Dani and Gavin form is instant and easy, she gives the little boy everything he's been needing. But her bond with Rocco gets a little messy as the lingering looks grow longer, and harder to ignore.

She may be diving headfirst into heartache but, he can't walk away from that little boy or his dad...

Rated: M adult language, sexual references (No explicit scenes, but some spice) 16 plus

Location:

This story takes place in a made-up state, Illington, that you may recognize from some other stories I wrote. This isn't connected to those other stories that just happen to be in the same state.  Illington is a very large state. The two sisters each live on opposite ends of it, which would be nearly a twelve-hour drive.

Mountains surround the northern side and gets snowy in the winter with all four seasons, lots of forestry areas, and lakes. The north side is home to several towns, mostly small towns. Oaktown is one of those small towns, and it sits near a major railroad, making the houses cheaper due to the noise. The town itself is run down, with lots of potholes in the streets and shabby-looking houses and buildings.

The southern side of the state borders an ocean and holds the largest city in the state called, Sun City. A huge city with amazing ocean views and modern buildings and condos. It has cobblestone roads and sidewalks. Outside of the actual city are several gated communities, full of big expensive mansions. Sun City does also see all four seasons; however winters are very mild.

This story takes place in the late spring of 2010.

LNRoberts1 helped me with creating the cover and it was finalized by on Fivvr, by https://www.fiverr.com/vikncharlie

If you love Rocco, you will adore Gio from books, The Fate of Hearts and Fate Interrupted! I highly recommend checking her books out!!