Chapter 9

Dani paced back and forth downstairs in her room for a few minutes after waking up. She was beyond nervous and still embarrassed about what happened the night before. She knew it wasn't Rocco's fault. He simply mistook her for Alyssa. She was mainly embarrassed by her reaction in the kitchen when he tried to apologize.

"In his boxers, how was I supposed to react?" she muttered.

Not look down! She thought, wincing again for the hundredth time. How could she help herself, he was like some kind of God with his messy dark hair and those emerald eyes, good lord, his body...

Stop, just stop. She chanted in her head.

Shower, she decided, racing into the sanctuary of her tiny bathroom.

It wasn't even possible for a man to be that hot, was it? Ogling jokingly over the pictures with Kara was one thing, but seeing him half naked in front of her, after feeling his strong hard body behind her, was—

Well, that was something else entirely. It had been long, much longer than she cared to remember since she had been held in a man's arms.

It felt so amazing, so right ...so perfect...

Stop! She shook her head of her thoughts and blasted the water on. She stepped right into the cold jetstream of water.

This is nothing more than proof that Kara was right about how badly she needed male attention in her life.

Maybe once she settled into a routine, she'd find a place to hang out and meet someone, go on an actual date. That shower felt good, and she was finally starting to feel calmer., but it was getting late. She knew she couldn't hide down there forever.

She chose a simple pair of jeans and a fitted cotton tee with quarter-length sleeves. She kept her makeup light as she usually did. Finally, she slowly headed upstairs. She could smell food cooking and heard Gavin's voice chattering away as she came up to the top of the stairs.

"Tigers don't eat eggs, though." She heard Rocco say and stopped for a second outside the door.

"Gavi Tigers do!" Gavin said, then laughed gleefully before making his best roar attempt.

"Gotcha, Daddy, I have tickle powers!" His little voice yelled out gleefully.

At this point, she began smiling softly.

"Ah, oh no, not the tickle powers..." Rocco exclaimed dramatically as Gavin laughed.

"I got you, Daddy!" Gavin exclaimed.

Rocco started 'laughing' hard as Gavin was probably tickling him. She shook her head and took a breath before opening the door.

"Auntie Dani!" Gavin looked up immediately from the kitchen floor, where he was sitting on his dad's stomach, tickling him. Rocco's long legs were extended out, and he was laughing while Gavin was basically pinching him with his little hands. It was quite a sight; she caught herself gazing for a second and stopped.

"Good morning Gavi." She smiled wide at him. His little face could put anyone in a good mood.

"Morning!" He jumped up and raced over to her. She knelt and gave him a big hug.

"Was there a tiger in here?" She asked him, raising an eyebrow.

"A Gavi Tiger." He laughed and did his best to roar.

"Ah, a tiger!" She covered her face with her hands but peeked out at him.

"Is okay, Auntie Dani. Gavi tigers are nice." He told her as he put his little hand on her cheek.