39 - Matthew

Heya, lovelies! I apologize for the really late update

Heya, lovelies! I apologize for the really late update. I wish I can come up with a better excuse like 'I just had a hectic past few weeks.' Truth is time stood still for a while. At least for me. I haven't been okay in the last few weeks. 

I tried really hard not to think about it but every time I take a peek outside, I'm a little overwhelmed that the world hasn't stopped even when I felt like it. I tell my sister that I'm just sad but I know it's a different kind of sad. 

The kind of sad that wants me lying on the couch all day. The kind that makes me feel tired despite the fact that I haven't done anything. The kind that makes me feel like I don't want to get out of bed every single morning.

I'm aware that I'm in another one of my lows. In fact, this is one of the lowest lows. Usually, I can shake it off after a few days. This time though, it's different. I tell myself to keep fighting every day but I'm just... tired. I'm not giving up but I'm just a little tired.

I think I just don't want to fight the current anymore. I know I'm drowning but the bright sde is I'm still breathing. It doesn't make sense, I know. Lol. Okay, byeee.

Anyways, read on for the new chapter!

Miles fluttered his eyes close as he drifted to sleep. Even then, Matthew kept on reading Miles' bedtime story. He needed to keep his mind off things—just one thing, really.

Christian had a dopey smile while holding his phone to Matthew's face. He was showing him slide after slide of pictures. Pretty sure there were several angles of what looks like two wine glasses and a sunset.

Matthew didn't have the heart to tell his brother that they were horrible shots. He closes the book and gazes at the clock. He tried not to think about it, but the thought slipped in.

When is Jessica coming home?

Should she be home by now?

Why does the thought of her not coming home bother him so much?

He shakes his head.

Nope. He's not going down that spiral of a road again.

"Oh, and Matty, look at this seashell. Kylie found it when we went for an evening stroll for the first time," Christian says quietly.

Matthew gave his phone a quick glance and squinted at the sight of a blurry seashell. "Nice," he said, which is the same response he had on several pictures before the seashell.

He had a feeling Christian still had a thousand pictures to show him, so he closed the book and slid it back on the shelves. "How about a cup of coffee?"

Christian smiled and arched an eyebrow. "Are you planning to stay up all night?"

He looked away. "What do you mean?"