(53) Jessica

Jessica

Jessica

Matthew laid a paper bag and a couple of coffees to-go on the counter. He runs a hand through his damp hair, his eyes wondering why I was staring intently at his tablet. He just got back from his morning run with Cade. It took longer than usual.

"What are you looking at?" He walked around the counter.

I glanced at his face and smiled. "Just pictures of hot guys on the internet."

He pursed his lips at me.

I chuckled. "I'm kidding. Come here. You have to see this."

He shuffled grumpily behind me.

"It's Audrey's sonogram."

His frown turned upside down. "Is this the first one?"

"Yep. First-ever sonogram of baby number two."

We both stared at the screen of his tablet. Well, up until my stomach growled.

Matthew let out a small laugh and put his phone down on the counter, leaning in to kiss me on the cheek. "What do you want for breakfast?"

"Waffles and a huge ass omelet."

He chuckled. "Okay. I'll get right to it after I take a shower."

"Take your time." I took a croissant out of the paper bag and took a large bite.

He went in the direction of the bedroom. I waited until I heard the shower running. I opened a new tab on his tablet and looked up recipes on Google.

France sent me a few last night, but I'd like to have a lot of options.

Matthew's phone rings, snapping me out of my thoughts. I glanced down at the screen and froze.

It was Kierra.

"Matthew?" I called out.

He didn't answer. He probably couldn't hear me over the shower running.

I snatched his phone off the counter and rushed into the bathroom. "Matthew? Kierra's calling."

The shower shut off. "Can you answer it for me?"

"Sure."

"You're the best. Thanks."

I broke into a smile. "You're welcome, babe."

It wasn't the first time that I was answering a call for him, so it shouldn't be a big deal. However, I was making a great deal out of it because it's the tenth call now.

"Hi, Kierra." I walked back to the kitchen and picked up the tablet to close the browser.

"Hi!" Kierra sounded genuinely excited on the other line... and not surprised that I was answering the call. "Can you tell Matthew I'm scheduling for the suit-fitting thing the day after tomorrow?"